Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Sti Limited Gun

GeorgeInNePa

My new Limited Blaster is shootable! Taking it to the range in a few hours.

STI long, heavy

Caspian bald slide

KKM barrel

Aftec

Koenig hammer

EGW sear

Novak sights

Dawson Ice

STI and EGW guts

If you want bigger pics, click on the small pics.

STILimitedGun003a.jpg

STILimitedGun002a.jpg

STILimitedGun001a.jpg

looks cool, who built it for ya?

The local 'smith that does all my stuff. He did the open gun for me and he also built my .600 OverKill rifle. I have pics of both in the gallery.

His name is Barry Ruane, he is also the USPSA match director at Factoryville Sportsmans Club.

Open Gun:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24007

.600 OverKill:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...799&hl=OverKill

I like the stirrup cut slide w/ the longdustcover. A la B.E.

The guy who ordered the slide screwed up, it was supposed to be a full slide. I didn't want to wait the 4-6 weeks for another one, so I told the gunsmith to make it look good. ;)

Edited by GeorgeInNePa

The guy who ordered the slide screwed up, it was supposed to be a full slide. I didn't want to wait the 4-6 weeks for another one, so I told the gunsmith to make it look good. ;)

I love it when a good screwup works out even better than the original plan.

I love it when a good screwup works out even better than the original plan.

Yes, I like the way it looks too.

I shot 180 or so rounds through it at the range. All the target stands were trashed, so I just used a 6" rock on the 35yard berm for a target. Made the rock dance, but it seemed to shoot a few inches low. I used up the left over ammo I had loaded for the G35 I used to have. It shot the .40S&W factory length ammo fine, 180-190 rounds without a hitch.

I'm going to load up some long tonight and take a target stand with me tomorrow to sight in and shoot the FSC match with it on Sunday.

Edited by GeorgeInNePa

You need to put "teeth" in it like the old mustang planes had painted on them, like would be sweet.

Don't laugh, that's what we were going to do. Seriously, he was going to machine teeth into the stirup cut and the frame. I still might paint them in.

:D

Cool.

How are you going to have it finished?

For now, it'll be blued. Bead blasted and then polished on the sides of the slide and frame. Maybe over next winter it might get hard chrome.

Machine 'em and then grease pencil alternating white and red, just like the Mustangs.
That would be sweet. It isn't too late to machine them in. That would be awsome, paint them in for sure if you don't machine them in.

Well, the gunsmith decided this would be a real PITA to program. Trying to cut teeth into a concave surface. Since he works so cheap, I won't push the issue. Paint will be good enough.

Edited by GeorgeInNePa

• 2 months later...