Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some People

JRBean

Thought I'd share this with ya'll.

Yesterday my pest control service came by for its quarterly service. The person who used to handle the account had switched areas, so this new guy and his assistant show up. They treat the inside and as they are finishing the outside and are about to leave one of them gets this apprehensive look and ask me, "What are you doing with that bullet maker?" I told him I use it to reload because my wife and I shoot pistol competitions. He still has this look on his face and then ask  "Where would you get something like that?", as if I was hiding chemical weapons in my house. I simply told him you could get them from any reloading supplier and that they sell several different kinds.

I might should have put this under What I Hate considering how I felt at him refering to my 650 as "something like that". But then I thought of him telling his buddies and co-workers what he'd seen and couldn't help but laugh at what there expressions might be.

i live in the country, my range is in my back yard the 20 yard mark is 10 ft. from our patio so there is always brass about. well one day some pesky ground hogs came along so i shot them with a scoped SKS 1 died with one shot #2 started running. so after about 6 or 7 "mikes" i hit him, then put one more just incase it wasn't a good hit. put the gun up and went about what i was doing.  the next day the Jehova's (sp?) witnesses come up and there is 7.62x39mm casings laying all over the front porch. they were white as ghosts!

as for the exterminator... ooh, i like to do things my self, where can i get some of them exterminatin chemicals at, no need to keep troubling you folks!

Cool. I used to get that look at work when I pull out  about 12 or so 9x23 cases out of my pocket Monday mornings. It gets their attention really quickly.

Wish I only had to walk outside to shoot. My bullet supplier does, too. :)

That's pretty funny.  How did he know it was a "bullet maker" and not know they are easily obtainable by the public?

I just started reloading, and my fiancee now jokes to me that the FBI probably has a file on me, because of all the mail ordered bullets and things coming to our apartment, "Cuz you're planning to make a whole bunch of bullets and then go bomb some things!"  

Yesterday I pulled out some acetone to clean my powder and primer systems...so of course that's now a bomb component, too.

Maybe I need to get a big map of the city and put a large red "X" on some prominent building, and post it right next to the reloading press.  

Heh.  I don't mind the razzing, because Sunday morning, she says "Get up and go shoot your gun!"

DogmaDog

--just doing as I'm told

Funny Stuff.

One friday morning I walked in for a meeting and just as I was sitting down a .40 s&w case goes scootin' across the floor.  It must have been stuck in my shoe from our thursday night match.  The room went dead silent, um, no pun intended.

My my, how times have changed.  

I used to go to High School wearing my Filson "Double Tin" hunting coat with live shells in the loops.  Nobody even cared...until the principal was talking to me one day and let me know that I wasn't supposed to have ammo at school.  (A new policy.  I didn't feel the need to note that my shotgun was in the toolbox of my truck out in the parking lot.)  He made me take the shells out of the loops and put them in my pockets.  Then he grinned.  Harsh punishment for the days of yesteryear.

:)

"...white as ghosts!"  Hilarious!! Serves 'em right.

I swear I come to work EVERY Monday with casings falling out of my jacket pockets... because that's where they land (among other places, like down the front of my blouse--but they don't stay there too long) over the previous weekend sometimes unbeknownst to me.

Its still hard to believe that there are so many people out there that look at people like us as gun toting crazies looking for anything or anyone to shoot at.

Here's another one for you. The other night I went to dinner with my parents. My stepdad and I were discussing which gun and holster combo I am using for concealed carry now, and my mom starts to freak in the middle of the restraunt about me carrying a pistol. She starts saying I could trip and fall and shoot myself  or what if someone picked your pocket and shot you with it. It just amazes me how some people function in day to day life.

Just remember you are carrying some of those genes!!!!

I used to take 22lr barrels to school and thread them for silencers in the engineering shop at lunchtime. Once we got caught and told off real hard. It seems we were using the wrong cutting lube. Boy were we sorry.