Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Still Waiting

Joneser5000

Kinda slow on the Glock forum. So I figured I just put something up to talk about.

I purchased my G34 from the guys at Top Glock about 8 days ago. After talking to my FFL that is doing the transfer for me (BTW out of state transfers cost $55.00 with DROSE included, best price around located in Northern San Diego County) I found out that I could start the DROSE with the serial number. So I called Top Glock to get the serial number and they haven't even pulled it off the shelf yet. They said that they could not give me the number cause one hasn't been assigned to my purchase invoice and they should have it ready to go tomorrow. For the money I am saving it is worth a little wait but it will be almost a month before I can shoot my new G34.

Why not just purchase one locally? I like to pick through several to find the one that has the best fitting barrel. Seems to have paid off as all of my G35s and 34s group under 1 1/2" at 25 yards.

Kinda slow on the Glock forum. So I figured I just put something up to talk about.

I purchased my G34 from the guys at Top Glock about 8 days ago. After talking to my FFL that is doing the transfer for me (BTW out of state transfers cost $55.00 with DROSE included, best price around located in Northern San Diego County) I found out that I could start the DROSE with the serial number. So I called Top Glock to get the serial number and they haven't even pulled it off the shelf yet. They said that they could not give me the number cause one hasn't been assigned to my purchase invoice and they should have it ready to go tomorrow. For the money I am saving it is worth a little wait but it will be almost a month before I can shoot my new G34.

I've not purchased online, but I had called Glockmeister a couple weeks ago and was told they would ship a gun to me the same day they received a copy of my FFL. I had my FFL send his paperwork to them and returned to the website a couple days later to order a new G24 (my local supplier didn't have one and could not get one). Glockmeister now has a message on their website that says "Dear customers and friends, I will be in and out of town frequently until after late summer. Because of this, we will temporarily not be selling, installing, nor repairing any firearms. We are strictly sales for parts, accessories and apparel. Thank you for your understanding." I guess the point is that with the poor customer service some online companies provide (not necessarily Glockmeister as I have never completed a transaction with them) along with the fact that you can't put your hands on it until you own it, you may be better off buying local. I like the idea of finding a range/dealer that hosts IPSC or IDPA matches and purchase from them. These ranges typically do not make much money off the matches. They are time consuming to set-up and it's a good way to say thanks for the effort even if it does cost a few dollars more for the purchase.

I ordered a G24 from TopGlock and had it 8 days after I placed the order. I would give them a call again and ask to speak to someone who has some authority. I have ordered several times from TG and never had any problems. Good luck.

Guns must run quite a bit more expensive in Cali ?

They sure do. I bought a new SIG226 from Gunsamerica and saved about $150 over the prices out here. Same with a Para 1640 LDA.

Even with shipping and paying the local FFL to do the deal, I still saved that much. The savings in state sales tax is usually a wash with the FFL fees.

I guess the point is that with the poor customer service some online companies provide (not necessarily Glockmeister as I have never completed a transaction with them) along with the fact that you can't put your hands on it until you own it, you may be better off buying local.

On Gunsamerica, you can find the name of the dealer who is selling and call them on the phone. That's what I did, to get a feel for the people. I also asked flat out if they would take the gun back if there was a defect, and they said it would be no problem.

I pretty much agree with the support your local range, but the prices have to be reasonable. I have purchased online and through my local range without disappointment. In fact my local range just got more of my money the other night!

The savings Jonser5000 is getting is pretty hard to turn down. And I must commend the FFL who is charging $55 for the transfer and DROS in CA that's just too good to be true.