Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Portal From Another Dimension

I posted this in another thread but moved it for maximum exposure...

I had a DQ at the Western Pennsylvania Championship last year on my first stage before I ever fired a shot. You had to start in a small "voting booth." At the start signal you had to hit a peg in the strong side wall which dropped a weight which opened the curtain then your off and running.

I smack the peg, nothing. I smack it again and hear badump bump. I reach for my gun and find nothing but an empty holster. I was not in the habit of locking my Limcat when doing anything but stand and draw. I am now in that habit.

A board member had been blackmailing me with this story to ensure my silence. He did not want me to share a story from that very morning of the match.

Up till now it has worked, but with everyone coming out with their DQ stories it seemed a good time for me to "come out."

Now the truth can be told!

I was sharing a room with our own Jake Di Vita. We ordered pizza and chicken delivered to the room the night before the match. We told jokes, dry fired, cleaned guns, etc.

I get up on match morning to go pee and Jake head still on his pillow says "I wouldn't do that if I was you."

"Don't worry a little stink won't kill me"

"Yes it will. It's worse than that. I stopped it up."

By this time I was outside the closed bathroom door and he was right. The funk was among us. I would not have gone in that bathroom in a Hazmat suit if you said a thousand dollar bill was on the floor.

I told him at that time that his ass was a portal to another dimension and the aliens were sending thru their toxic waste. I still had to pee.

We are in a small motel that did not have a restroom in the lobby. So I get dressed go out to the parking lot and pee behind a dumpster. When I come from behind the dumpster I see about ten people standing on the balcony/walkway applauding my performance/equipment. I go back to the room and curse Jake out again.

Jake has since made his IPSC alias "ThePortal" to commemorate the occasion.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...