Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Supersquad Makeup shots

shred

One thing I think may be out there is truly calling the shot. I believe a lot of shooters, even good ones, even me, drive the sights over to the target, get them nice and pretty, pull the trigger and call the shot right then and there-- without really seeing it through. Oh sure, we'll see the sights jump around and all, but how many of us have shot at a piece of steel, missed, and said "I swear the sights were there"??. How many of us need a lot more make up shots on steel than we ever consider taking on paper at an equivalent distance? Is "I'm no good at steel" truly a problem with shooting at steel???

Ouch!

On the section where Phil made up a shot and the target showed 3 A's - I gotta say that doesn't mean much.

Those guys make up shots in two scenarios, they call a bad shot, or they didn't see what they needed to hence they are uncertain. Swingers can cause this to happen.

Ever had a miss when you called the shot a hit? The inverse can most certainly happen. The difference is that those folks have the experience and knowledge to know that they can't allow crap like that to happen. The point isn't that he made up a good shot because we didn't see what he saw. Apparently he wasn't sure what he saw so he executed a perfect make up shot. Sounds like a good call (no pun intended) to me.

Jake and Chuck are both right - I've done it too. Lost a match by less than a point. I've also won matches by less than a point.

I know which one I liked better ;)

J