Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550b Powder Measure Busted

Couldn't believe it, part of the powder measure broke, I'm sure Dillon will replace it, but I had to scramble and grab the part from my .40 powder measure so I could finish loading major 9. Anyone else seen one of these break?

Not busted part on the right hand side, you can see where it broke on the part in the middle, this piece slides onto the bottom of the powder measure.

post-1759-1140671972.jpg

Edited by rtr

Jamming of powder bar is a good guess.

Also look at how much tension is on the failsafe return rod, or how loose or tight the bellcrank (#20319) is attached to the body collar (#20259). Make sure these are adjusted correctly and all the parts are actually there. At the same time ask Dillon for the new failsafe return system and a Powder Bar Spring (#14036). This will reduce any wobbling and unusual tension betweeen the parts.

A more common cause of this part breaking is activating the powder measure with a case longer than the unit is adjusted for. If you are loading 9x19mm, and accidently run a 38 super or 9x23mm case into the measure, that can put enough pressure to the arm to cause it to break, usually shortly thereafter. :ph34r: