Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Case Feed Slot Weak / Dragging

but it's not kerchunking on the brass, only the bulge around the bullet. Any chance of getting a .420" (or whatever would allow us to get around the bullet) sizing ring?

Honestly I have much less resistance out of the U-die in station one and am thinking of scrapping the FCD for speed and smoothness. It is TEARING up my arm big time to fight that thing every stroke.

I too got tired of Fighting .40 brass in the 1050. For brass that I dont know the pedigree....it goes through my friend's case-pro. I then have the dillon sizing die in station #1, then a Lee .40 sizing die in #2. Lee FCD in the last station. It is about as smooth as it gets......with dillon case lube or One-shot. Every thing that get shot out of my .40 is fine just running through the two dies, no need to case-pro it at that point.

Regards,

DougC

on old RL1050, with the shell plate screws slightly loose, we'd tighten the shell plate retainer nut "tight" , then crank the handle once to loosen, then tighten the retaining nut screws.

on a super 1050 try getting it "fairly" tight, then tighten the screws.

this seemed to solve most of my problems. lower shell plate, seems better, not very technical, but it worked for me.

try it, it may help

also make sure there is grease or vasoline on that roller bolt.

;)

Edited by 9x21