Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot Show 2006 New Stuff

chuckbradley

I've seen more and more "tactical" gear, AR accessories, and product ideas generated from War On Terror deployments and the growth of Homeland Security over the past couple of year. Digital camo is the new uber-fashion accessory color and it seems that MOLLE is a popular girl in the nylon gear business. Firearm manufacturers are still chasing the Harley business model with diversified licensed merchandise, by adding their own clothing lines, and/or creating owner/ enthusiast clubs.

The number of .50 caliber rifle builders and "boutique" AR builders seem to have tripled in a single year. Along with the .50 cal's, more suppressor makers have entered the market providing both innovation and lower prices.

And every major firearms manufacturer has or wants an AR. It also seems that handgun manufacturers are working hard to challenge Glock's LE market dominance (and associated commercial market success) with a polymer double stack. That effort, IMO, is also a development ramp up to the Joint Combat Pistol specifications released last year. I think they should bear in mind that it has been a 20 year effort on Glock's part to gain that market share/dominance.

What was new at the show was more about trends and less about actual products. However, SIG had a big buzz going on it's new AR type rifle.

And the Glock carbine continues to be nothing but conjecture and speculation.

Edited by Middle Man

• 2 weeks later...

Is this an additional 10% off the dealer prices? (Which would make sense, since the SHOT show is supposed to be for dealers, but I thought I'd check anyway.)

Did anyone happen to stop by the Brownell's booth? Bueller?

If you are looking for the Shot Show Special discount code, its: T1H

10% off all orders over $100 before 4/1/06