Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft Glocks

John Baier

Clay, You have the wrong idea. It wasn't mine, I shoot a Beretta. But two guys (in a row mind you) that I was ROing did. Funny as hell, first guy's slide blows off sending the slide, barrel and guide spring and rod careening down the course of fire. As he is looking at his frame in his hand. :wacko: I ask him if he's finished, unload and show clear or not :lol:

Second guy's starts shooting the course of fire when the gas in the gun starts hissing loudly. The rest of squad and myself tentatively back away as he pulls the slide back to reset his gun. Then on his reload he pulls too hard and pulls the slide off. :huh: That's when I made a metal note to let you guys know. ;)

-John

You can't get enough of the RO business it seems John. :D

A Beretta Airsoft???

I know that you shoot a Beretta in Production with REAL bullets. I would have been smiling too. Thanks for sharing, but I can image that it would have been interesting to be there.

Still waiting on the CZ report - a subject for another thread.

Rick

Clay1:

John (aka the range nazi :P) likes to poke fun a lot at anybody that doesn't shoot a Beretta. Fact is, us tupperware shooters like to tie him up downrange at the airsoft matches and use him for chrono purposes. The louder he yipes, the higher the power factor (note to self: 25 gram BB's with Super Green Gas makes major). Poor fella also had his lunch money taken a lot when he was a kid...Some people just shouldn't abuse their kids. :lol:

Jeff

Clay1:

John (aka the range nazi :P) likes to poke fun a lot at anybody that doesn't shoot a Beretta. Fact is, us tupperware shooters like to tie him up downrange at the airsoft matches and use him for chrono purposes. The louder he yipes, the higher the power factor (note to self: 25 gram BB's with Super Green Gas makes major). Poor fella also had his lunch money taken a lot when he was a kid...Some people just shouldn't abuse their kids. :lol:

Jeff

No, not a range nazi just someone that points out the obvious. I find that it's safer to be down range from Jeff than standing next to him. :P

Flex:

We've got the KSE's. They ran fine for the first couple of matches, then the slides started giving us problems. No worries though, as Manny stands squarely behind all his guns, and he has fixed EVERYTHING I have asked him to. The technology is new to all of us. Turns out, that you can trick these things out just like a regular IPSC gun, and people who regularly do this stuff have told me that we expect too much from an out-of-the box airsoft. They have told me that if you want it to function properly (any airsoft, that is), you need to work on them and perform some mods. The average airsoft shooter spends about $500 when it is all said and done. ($150-$200 for the gun, $50 for an extra mag, $50 in supplies (gas, BB's, and silicone lube), and another $200 in mods (larger valves for mags (increases reliability), new trigger, high performance guide rod and spring, etc...all of which are available online. So I have been told to think that we can expect these things to function as good as a standard firearm out-of-the-box is totally unrealistic. Hell, there are even GUNSMITHS for this stuff in other countries that can't shoot real guns. That being said, some guns do well for a while, but head south without doing these mods or the upkeep necessary to maintain their performance. Let's face it, we just treat them as a training aid, and not as our competition guns, so we get what we pay for, and reliability suffers, and we get pissed because of it. Ya gotta pay to play. The STI hybrids SUCKED out of the box, but with the mods do quite well. The Glocks won all the matches early on. but then started giving out at this third match. The Berrettas seem to be doing well still, but the jury is still out. I think that these guns need more TLC than most are willing to give them (me included), because this is just something to pass the time until the real shooting starts in the spring. It is fun, but you just need to put things in perspective...you get what you pay for (not a slam...I'm just as cheap as everybody else in this sport). I hope this info helps you make an informed decision. If yer gonna do it, do it right, or lower your expectations IMHO.

Jeff

Edited by Barrettone