Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Prices

SRT Driver

I've met the owner of Zero. She has owned the company since it was started back in the '60s. They have a number of pricing levels. The absolute best price requires the purchase of 5000 lbs of bullets. They are very strict about making the weight at that level. The next best price is the 3000 lb price and to the regular distributers they aren't as strict. The best price levels also require picking the bullets up at the plant. If a 5K lb order was given to Chuck he might give a better price. As another option I have a friend who owns a cast bullet company and also sells Zero bullets, but try Chuck for the Group order first.

Huston in Austin

let's see, 7000gr/180gr=38.8

38.8*5000=194000

194000 .40 180gr bullets. Does that sound right?

I've bought, picked up and delivered 1000 lbs of bullets at one time for local buys. That's already more than I want to haul around.

5000 lbs is not something people move unless there's profit in it. Kick in fronting $10K-$20K to boot..

Laugh it up! ;)

Ivan

I'm not laughing it up, Ivan. I actually sent zero an e-mail asking them what kind of prices at those quantities. I've stockpiled about 70K. If I'm lucky and can get out enough, that should last me 2-3 years. I'm just thinking ahead and I'm thinking about what the prices are going to be like in 3 years. :o

For one dont blame the bullet makers. Their raw materials are going up. Just hope they arent like other companies that use the increase to raise prices more than the acutual increase.

My bullet supply is not unlimited and may run out by next week if they keep selling like they are.

As a master distributor for Zero I can get you the best pricing on group buys. I do many of these around the country every year. You may be suprised how much you can save doing this. The more the group buy is the more you save. The amount you will save is relative to the current pricing and not neccesaruly compared to what you paid before.

If bullets went up 10.00 a 1000 and you shoot 10,000 rounds a year then thats only 100.00 a year more increase. Not much when you look at the big picture.

Shot Show is over! I still won't have pricing for who knows? How long? We will see what the market will bear!

Chuck, Give me a call! I think we can do some business! ;)

Guys! :o

This is serious!

Ivan

Ivan, I think you deal in the Armscor stuff right? I dont want to sell armscor products. We spend thousands on guns and that much more a year in supplies and then the travel and entry fees. Why would we want to waste it all because we wanted to save a few bucks on bullets. I am sticking with what i believe to be the best value in the industry whatever the overall prices go to. I demand quality as well as a fair price and I always have thats why have used and sold Zero's for 12 years now.