Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aaron Neville Singing The National Anthem

chp5

What I enjoyed was the look on some of the players faces during the anthem; when the camera would cut over to them. Those "I can't believe this is real", and "that's really horrible" expressions. I honestly don't know how they kept from laughing out loud. One of those deals where you hope you don't make eye contact with any of your teammates. One of the worst renditions of the national anthem and the sorriest halftime show I've ever seen at any ballgame, not just the professional level.

Cy, et al,

I was on the computer before the last note was sung (and that is a stretch) penning a flamagram to ABC/ESPN saying the singing of the National Anthem was only slightly better than Roseanne Barr's version. Everyone should do the same.

Larry May

That was the first football game I've watched in about 5 years. Not bad....

Edit: My apologies to all the fans of the Rolling Stones, that I almost certainly offended, with my disrespectful comments about Mr. Jagger. My Bad.

Edited by Sam

"I hate that you missed the Animal Channel's Puppy Bowl."
Believe me, I was sorely tempted when I saw the listing.

God, and the sound was awful, too... yes!! The only Stone playing decently now and then was Ronnie Wood..... when you could hear him.

I couldn't believe the lacklustre commercials, either. Some were not even new. They were really 'off', in general. With the exception of a couple or three... but that was all. (Yes, I thought FedEx/caveman was good, too. Still, the Toyota spot took me by surprise--and that made it good. Magic Refrigerator wasn't too shabby either....)

Now and then we have an embarrassing SuperBowl. This one was one of 'em. And contentious referee calls, too!! The whole thing was a bust. Not to mention Seattle's disappointment. I'm sure they weren't the ONLY people who went home 'disappointed'.

I was right about two things this year, however: I was right about the coin-toss and the Stones' opening tune. The rest of it was, well, somewhere off the scale.........