Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 - Area 7 Championship

The Rochester Brooks Practical Shooters will be hosting the 2006 Area 7 Championship, June 8-11, 2006 in Rush New York (near Rochester).

We are in the process of adding additional bays to make the match more exciting than last year.

Access our website http://www.rbps.net/ for all the latest information on the match.

See ya' there. :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About match registration

1. Please read the posted policies at www.uspsa.org/squadding
  2. Visit that address prior to registration if you would like to see what shoot times are available.
  3. Please do not call asking us to hold you a slot. We are following our published policy, and we will not say "NO" to a shooter who has submitted a paid registration because someone who delayed sending theirs in wants a "hold".
  4. Please do not ask us to increase the squad size by "just one" since your squad will "be very fast"
  5. Expect fast processing of your registration. We are getting confirmation letters out within 5 days of receipt of the registration - usually even sooner
  6. Expect a great match. We have reduced the squad size from last year, and are being strict on the count so we can offer you a great match experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Our previous match hotel decided to undergo renovations without telling us that would be a problem for the Area 7 Match and the GM at that hotel has left recently so we had to develop new arrangements. Below is the first hotel that we have signed up and I will be working with several others but rooms are scarce due to several events in Rochester that weekend. They are ready to proceed and take reservations now so follow the instructions below and you will be good to go.

The Fairfield Inn-South will be sending me more data in a day or two and I will provide that as it becomes available.

· Fairfield Inn - South

· 4695 W. Henrietta Rd.

· Henrietta, New York 14467 USA

· Phone: 1-585-334-3350

· Fax: 1-585-334-2295

· Sales: 1-585-334-3350

· Sales Fax: 1-585-334-2295

· You must tell the reservation desk: that you are part of the Area 7 Championship to get the room rate and a reserved room for this event. This hotel has blocked off 25 rooms for both Friday and Saturday nights.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/ROCFI

Rates are: $99.00 per night – Hotel is about 10-15 minutes from the range with plenty of food and shopping nearby. More details will follow soon. There is a large convention in town the same weekend as The Area 7 Championship and hotel rooms are going fast so get your hotels locked up as soon as you can!

• 4 weeks later...

The Target Barn will have a sales table at the Area 7 Match. Any Orders received prior to the Area 7 match can be delivered to the match without a shipping charge. :blink:

I said FREE shipping to the Match. What a deal ! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, It's going to be alot of fun this year. And the match should fill

fast now that the Area 4 match has been postponed until the fall.

See ya there. :P

Just a heads up: the start position (for gun) on stage 7 (Royale with cheese)

needs to be re-worded to conform to USPSA rules regarding the definition of an UNLOADED GUN. Otherwise I would start with the slide locked back because the stage description does not say I can not.

Unless that is the intent, and if so, please disregard my "gamey" approach

• 2 weeks later...

Stage building under way. They look better than the diagrams.

Flavor will be similar to last years A7.

We should be able to avoid the bottleneck that backed things up last year.

Weather forcast looks great. Sure to change by the weekend!