Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag well and mag base pads

Paul Sharp

Tried my friends 21 with a brass plug and heavier guide rod and really liked the feel.

What are some recommended mag wells, mag base plates or other accessories?  (naturally competition proven only)

I will be tooling up a model 22 if that is any help in reference to suggestions.

Thanks.

I like the T.H.E. Accessories mag well in aluminum, however those who like the extra weight on the frame go with the brass model of the same make.  I don't shoot limited, so I only use plus zero base pads.  I like the aluminum ones available from Glockmeister, but be careful putting them on.  It's real easy to break off part of the pad above the "slot" if you're not careful.  If you're looking for plus two, three, or five extensions, I'm sure a cruise of the glock forum here will provide substantial information.

Thanks Chris,  I asked my friend some more questions about his 21.  He has a 3.5# connector and a reduced power recoil spring.  This might explain in part, the great "feel" this gun has.  This gun will really rock, although I can't shoot up to it he can.  He is a little cautious about doing a lot to the 40 without first changing the barrel.

What is a good barrel and is it necessary?

A new barrel is only needed if you plan to shoot lead bullets.

I still shoot with the factory Glock barrel in my G35.  I have no plans to change it.  I won't be shooting any lead bullets either.  

If you want to get an after-market barrel, look to KKM or Barsto.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 6:38 pm on Nov. 12, 2001)

Paul,

I use a THE brass magwell and tungsten rod for all my comp guns, the magwell is well deisnged and has good angles and the extra weight of those parts really helps flatten the gun.

For Basepads I use THE or Taylor Freelance, both are excellant.  I am in the midst of testing the new Arredondo pads as well.

Matt

The Arredondo base pads so far are excellent.  I have been using them for about three weeks and just shot Area 2 with them.  I love them!  You can easily get all 20 rnds in the 40 cal and a full mag will seat easily for fast reloading and drop free as well.  They are easy to take off for cleaning and very durable.  I have been dropping them on concrete with no problems.  They won't crack or pop off.

Debbie