Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Summer Blast July 7-9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEWS FLASH,

Anyone that is flying in for the match, great news. We are part of the USPSA Ammo Program for 2006 from Precision Delta.

Simply order your ammo and it will be shipped to the match address. You can pick up the ammo at registration.

As for the logo, we are on the final designs for it. Joe from Teachwear USA is doing a great job.

Larry

Even more exciting news:

Double Impact - Max Michel and Travis Tomasie will be conducting a one day IPSC class on Thursday July 6 starting at 8am. The class will run until somewhere around 4:30 pm. Then on Friday morning Max and Travis will coach those students thru the actual courses of fire at the Summer Blast providing fedback and mentoring during the match to their students.

For more information please visit www.maxmichel.com for more information.

You will contract directly with Max in reference to the fess for the class. If you are attending this class, please indicate on your match application a Fri AM slot and that you are part of the class so Linda can place you in the appropriate squad.

Larry

HEY 40AET, I thought you mike like to see some of the pics posted on the web page. These pics were taken at 8:30 am and by 1pm that day we were shooting. You can go to www.lchico.5u.com and click on Summer Blast and that will get you to the pics on the left side.

Edited by sbmd

Love the idea of the towels and the logo!

I am very against shirts. first i can't wear them much. I wear a polo or other nice shirt to the match that i KNOW fits me perfect. I carry a gun every day it's really BAD to wear a shirt that has a gun logo on it when carrying a gun people can put 2 and 2 together sometiems. and.... i have 3 drawers full of t-shirts shirts.

News flash -- Looks like we have a bona fide showdown shaping up in the Revolver division at this year's upcoming Summer Blast!

Last year's Summer Blast Revolver Champion, Bob Perdue, is going to have his hands full defending his title from a bunch of dedicated wheelgunners, including such notables as World Shoot Team USA member Cliff Walsh, and last year's Area 8 Revolver Champion Rob Vlastelica.

My trusty S&W 625 and I will be flying in from Iowa and shooting the match on Sunday morning. If you're thinking about shooting this match, this would be a great opportunity to bring your roundgun out and have some real fun!

Hope to see you there!

Now hear this:

The Sunday AM Revolver squad is Full. Carmoney, Perdue, Walsh, Fay, Carden, Smith, Hester & Russell are in.

If interest warrents, I will be happy to set up a second Revolver squad (or any other special interest squads for that matter). I am all about making shooters happy with the squadding.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician

The revolution continues . . . (pun intended). Revolver squad 2 is getting applications. I have set up "special" squads before (all LEO's, all Ladies, all production shooters, etc), but the enthusiasm of the revolver group for this match has been great. I'll put the two squads next to each other, so you can compare scores, compare gear and tell tall tales.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistician

Just to let you wheel gunners know. I make every attempt possible to keep you guys from doing standing reloads. There is one stage that will require 2 standing reloads. This is a result of bay limitation and trying to keep the round count up. Ask Barratone and Bob Perdue, I don't recall but one or two standing reloads last year in 242 rounds.

This year we have a new twist, not only thinking about the 6 shooters but the great 8 as well in the single stackers.....course set up heaven.

Stages will be posted shortly so you can preview them.

Larry

PS: We have applied for IPSC Level III Sanctioning as well. Rumor has it that there will shooters from Australia at the match.

Edited by sbmd

What would be the Revo Squad 2 shooting time? Sunday a.m. too?

Please let me know.

While I have revolver shooters in every time slot, the second "Revolver Squad" is Sunday also. Most of these so far are guys who didn't get into the first squad fast enough.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Summer Blast Statistican

Just to let you wheel gunners know. I make every attempt possible to keep you guys from doing standing reloads.

Larry, thanks very much for keeping us in mind! It's going to be a great time.

Linda says there are 15 wheels signed up already--given the Level III status we would sure like to hit that magic 20 in the division to create an opportunity to earn Nationals slots!

C'mon revo shooters, if you haven't signed up already, this is going to be a real "Blast"! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Summer Blast stages. Here is the twist when you check the stage names....with the exception of the classifier, can you guess the theme of the match. The classifier is High Standards, yes, I know we have standards this year. Not bad first time in 6 years.

The first to email me the theme at azone40@adelphia.net, will receive an interesting gift. Once I have the correct theme, I will post it here on the forum.

I believe we are in the 125 plus of shooters registered. If you know of anyone planning to attend, please have them snd in their match application asap, I would not want anyone missing a time slot.

We currently have 4 guns to give away in the shooters raffle! 3 pistols and a STI frame

The rest of the stages!

Last stage!

SUMMER_BLAST_STAGE_1.doc

SUMMER_BLAST_STAGE_2.doc

SUMMER_BLAST_STAGE_3.doc

SUMMER_BLAST_STAGE_5.doc

SUMMER_BLAST_STAGE_6.doc

SUMMER_BLAST_STAGE_7.doc

SUMMER_BLAST_STAGE_8.doc

SUMMER_BLAST_STAGE_9.doc

SUMMER_BLAST_STAGE_10.doc