Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Email Client

D.Hayden

I've been using Outlook express for my Hotmail and POP3 email for years, but I want better Spam filters than it offers.. Suggestions?

I use Outlook at Work, that works 100%, but looking for a lighter weight option.

I want to be able to include wildcards in the filtered list (ie *shop*.com), or like HotMail, select the "Exclusive - you will only receive e-mail from addresses appearing in your Contacts, service announcements from Hotmail" option.

Thanks..

Google's e-mail service is definitely one of the best.....

.....I really think it is MUCH better than any of the other online e-mail services. Plus it is POP, allows forwarding, and has 2.6G of storage (and growing).

So I use it with both Outlook and Thunderbird....but because it is online too, I get access to the e-mail from everywhere (phone, blackberry, and etc) when you aren't near your computer - even the stuff sent via Outlook. And in the year of so I have had gmail, I probably haven't received 10 pieces of spam.

Plus, as long as Google doesn't go out of business, you won't have to worry about ever changing your e-mail address again.