Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Ammo In Europe

bigbrowndog

can i get some help on what brands of shotgun ammo for 3 gunning, are commonly available in europe, S & B, nobel , whatever. i'd like to buy some and try, in my gun before i actually need them over there, slugs and shot. currently i shoot brenneke low recoil slugs i think they should be available overseas, but i'm not sure.

any help would be appreciated.....trapr

Trapr,

There are a number of Brands that are available - Firocci is very common as well as S&B. We use a lot of S&B slug in the UK but it is quite a long case length. They now make a short 'Practical' labeled slug for IPSC and 3 Gun shooting - I have seen it but never fired it.

If its he UK match you are thinking of I have the perfect ammo for you which is by a company called Express and benellis love it - the closest you will get to it in the US is Kent no. 6 shot 1 1/16 shell called 'Special Pigeon' in the UK - the US Kent equivalent will be very similar I suspect.

If its about the European Championships you are enquiring about we are still in the dark and dont know if this will be Greece or Germany but Greece is looking the most likely - and the dates are seriously looking like the first / second week in September.

They will have a ammo type for the match but it is impossible to predict the type until they make some decisions about the match and where it is going to be. I know this doesnt really help, but when Kurt shot the Euros in 2003 he used the match supllied birdshot and it worked fine. Remember that Benellis are the most common make of shotgun used in Europe and the organisers need stuff that will run in 90% of guns in the match ! Kurt played smart and used his 5kg limit to bring over Remington reduced recoil slugs that he knew worked and alos fitted into his Choate carriers.

If the match is in Germany we will drive from the UK and I can easily bring you guys over ammo that will definitely run your M1's ;)

Hi,

Situation in Germany is as follows :

Brenneke - K.O. Clean Speed - Low Recoil Slugs are available.

Furthermore, slugs from the following manufacturers are most of the time easily available :

Sellier & Bellot : 12 x 67,5 Sport Slug and 12 x 63,5 Practical Sport Whiteline Slug

Baschieri & Pellagri : 12 x 70 (full power slug)

Clever Mirage : 12 x 70 (full power slug)

Bird-shot ammo :

Sellier & Bellot (CZ) : 12 x 63,5 Practical Sport / 3 mm / 32 Gramm and various other skeet, trap and hunting loads reaching from 2,0 mm / 24 Gramm loads up to 00-buckshot ammo.

Baschieri & Pellagri (Italy) : Various skeet, trap and hunting loads reaching from 2,0 mm / 24 Gramm loads up to 4,0 mm / 36 Gramm ammo.

Clever Mirage (Italy) : Various skeet, trap and hunting loads reaching from 2,0 mm / 24 Gramm loads up to 4,0 mm / 36 Gramm ammo.

Rottweil (Germany) : Various skeet, trap and hunting loads reaching from 2,0 mm / 24 Gramm loads up to 4,0 mm / 36 Gramm ammo.

All the above mentioned ammo can be purchased by one of the biggest retailers here in Germany named "Frankonia Jagd" - www.frankonia.de

They have branches in Austria and France as well and may be able to deliver you ammo of your choice within the European Union on request.

Other brands - i. e. Fiocchi (Italy) - can be found by other retailers.

While shooting Modified-Division I am using the new shorties (Practical Sport / 12 x 63,5 / slugs and shot) from Sellier & Bellot.

While shooting Standard-Division I am using the 12 x 67,5 sport slugs from Sellier & Bellot and shot ammo from Clever Mirage. ( i. e. 3,0 mm / 32 Gramm / T2-Shooting / High Velocity and some of their 2,4 mm / 28 Gramm trap-loads / Grand Italia)

My shotgun is a Benelli M3 Super 90 (bolt lightened and recoil spring shortened) and all the above mentioned ammo is working fine in my gun.

DVC

THOR-HAMMER

Firocci is very common as well as S&B.

Hi Mike,

you'll have come over here again for a refreshing course in Italian...

Fiocchi is the italian ammo that was widely sold on the range of ESC 2003 in Terni.

Info on Fiocchi SG ammo

here.

Edited by Skywalker

Federal slugs that time Mike, and I used Nobel Sport 1 1/8/32grm shot ammo that is about the best I have seen! Luca I couldn't find ANY Fiocchi ammo at the match and I was VERY supprized by that.

Trapr don't worry, there will always be pleanty of ammo available, and finding something you "know" works isn't hard!! KURT

Kurt,

IIRC they were almost sold out at ESC during the pre-match days, and you and a few other competitors had to wait another additional day for the vendors to get stocked up again.

This might be the reason you weren't able to find any.

Hi,

Situation in Germany is as follows :

Brenneke - K.O. Clean Speed - Low Recoil Slugs are available.

Furthermore, slugs from the following manufacturers are most of the time easily available :

Sellier & Bellot : 12 x 67,5 Sport Slug and 12 x 63,5 Practical Sport Whiteline Slug

Baschieri & Pellagri : 12 x 70 (full power slug)

Clever Mirage : 12 x 70 (full power slug)

Bird-shot ammo :

Sellier & Bellot (CZ) : 12 x 63,5 Practical Sport / 3 mm / 32 Gramm and various other skeet, trap and hunting loads reaching from 2,0 mm / 24 Gramm loads up to 00-buckshot ammo.

Baschieri & Pellagri (Italy) : Various skeet, trap and hunting loads reaching from 2,0 mm / 24 Gramm loads up to 4,0 mm / 36 Gramm ammo.

Clever Mirage (Italy) : Various skeet, trap and hunting loads reaching from 2,0 mm / 24 Gramm loads up to 4,0 mm / 36 Gramm ammo.

Rottweil (Germany) : Various skeet, trap and hunting loads reaching from 2,0 mm / 24 Gramm loads up to 4,0 mm / 36 Gramm ammo.

All the above mentioned ammo can be purchased by one of the biggest retailers here in Germany named "Frankonia Jagd" - www.frankonia.de

They have branches in Austria and France as well and may be able to deliver you ammo of your choice within the European Union on request.

Other brands - i. e. Fiocchi (Italy) - can be found by other retailers.

While shooting Modified-Division I am using the new shorties (Practical Sport / 12 x 63,5 / slugs and shot) from Sellier & Bellot.

While shooting Standard-Division I am using the 12 x 67,5 sport slugs from Sellier & Bellot and shot ammo from Clever Mirage. ( i. e. 3,0 mm / 32 Gramm / T2-Shooting / High Velocity and some of their 2,4 mm / 28 Gramm trap-loads / Grand Italia)

My shotgun is a Benelli M3 Super 90 (bolt lightened and recoil spring shortened) and all the above mentioned ammo is working fine in my gun.

DVC

THOR-HAMMER

THOR-HAMMER,

When i am in Germany i always buy Lapua SK-Sportslugs 28 g 12/67,5

and Lapua SK birdshot 32 g 60 mm for pump and 62,5 for semie-auto.

You ever tried them?

Greetings

Adrie

THOR-HAMMER,

You ever tried them?

Greetings

Adrie

Hi Adrie,

Yes - I have tried this ammo also.

I am not using this ammo because :

1.) The other brands of ammo I got in the past for a lower price.

2.) I found that the slugs from S&B are the most accurate out of my gun (dispersion under 20 cm at 100 meter shooting distance)

3.) I do not like to mix shells with different length (12 x 67,5 / 62,5 / 60) by shooting a match without cleaning the camber in-between - you are asking for possible trouble (extracting problems) if you do so !

And so far SK/LAPUA does not offer slug-shorties.

4.) Ammo from SK/LAPUA was not so readily available as the other brands.

DVC

THOR-HAMMER

Trapr,

If its about the European Championships you are enquiring about we are still in the dark and dont know if this will be Greece or Germany but Greece is looking the most likely - and the dates are seriously looking like the first / second week in September.

If the match is in Germany we will drive from the UK and I can easily bring you guys over ammo that will definitely run your M1's ;)

Mike

I don't know where you keep dragging up this stuff about Germany from. The match is in Greece. The IPSC general Assembly is in Greece in conjunction with the match. Forget about Germany.

Thanks Neil,

Funnily we were told at the UKPSA AGM on Sunday by the UKPSA Regional Director

that it is NOT confirmed that it is going to be in Greece at all, because the Greek government have not said it can go ahead. They said that it is likely to be in Greece because of the IPSC GA but if the permission was not given by the Greek Government then venue will change - probably to Germany.

If you know that its definitely going ahead, and its definitely in Greece then thats great and I will let people know.

Hope you are well - will we see you on the 11th Feb ?

Edited by mike.45

Mike

As I understand it they don't need the government's approval to hold the match, however, if they follow a standardized procedure they can get formal recognition from something like a sports council, and this in turn leads to other benefits. Therefore the preferred choice is to go for formal recognition and I believe part of the process obliges them to hold off from formally advertising the match until this is received.

I don't believe there is anything at all to worry about with this match but it is frustrating waiting for the formal announcements.

THOR-HAMMER,

You ever tried them?

Greetings

Adrie

Hi Adrie,

May I ask you how much you have payed in the past for the LAPUA/SK shorties ?

DVC

THOR-HAMMER

Ofcourse you may ask that THOR.

I only used 60 mm's in my pump but i dont remember very well what i payed.

It could be in the 12 eurocent range.

At the 3-gunmatch in CZ which i attended as shooter and RO last year the S&B birdshot was a little bit cheaper.

But these S&B shortys were not as short as the Lapua.

I believe you were there too at that match?

Prices for both Lapua and S&B could be different now.

Greetings

Adrie