Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideas On A Replacement Production Gun?

dghboy315

cz - i can't reach the controls on this gun.

9mm 1911 - this would be perfect if it was allowed in production division

If you can't reach the controls on a CZ, you won't be able to reach them on a single stack 1911 either. :( A double stack 1911 would be out of the question. A Steyr might work, if you can find one that runs - they're out there, just not in my gun cabinet. :angry:

Chuck, you can't shoot a 1911 in Production.

Andy C.

Andy - I know. My point was that something like a Para LDA would be ruled out as well. I guess I could've stated it better.

I actually started shooting Production with an LDA 18.9 and have since switched to a Sig 229 in 40. LDA mags are expensive, Sig 229 10 rounders are going for like $15 from CDNN and if you live outside Cali, the 12 rounders aren't much more. It's a double stack but it seems to fit me better than my LDA. I'm not sure which Sig you were thinking of, the 226 or the 229 or some other #? I dropped a lighter recoil spring into it (13 # as opposed to 16#) and with the 135 pf loads I shoot it's easy to point, aim, etc. I don't do too much missing with it.

Vince

Edited by sargenv

If your shooting a Beretta and your only issue is the grip, why not try shooting a "G" Vertec..you still get the same Beretta quality and function your used to with a 1911 style grip...you might try asking Dave Olhasso if you have any questions: Olhasso.com I also think he is doing custom work now as well since LTT is gone.

Jay