Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket Glock Barrels

Singlestack

The DVD covers several different barrels/guns and although it is not inlcuded with a barrel purchase it is fairly inexpensive. Can't remember what they go for, but if you call the shop (I am taking a rare day off today) and ask for John he can tell you.

Yes the Glock barrel can be fit with a file, just be very careful to keep it flat and go slow............ Usually the only things that need fitting are the hood (depth and length) and the lower lug (depth). Sometimes you will need to narrow the lower lug as well. Make sure you knock off al the sharp edges as you go.

Boo, have you tried 147 gr bullets in your G34? I will try and find a target I shot from a rest using my wife's G34 a few years ago. I posted it on Glock Talk, but the time limit got it. I put 5 shots into a group at 25 yds that could be covered by a nickel. Yes, I do have witnesses.

Both of my G35s will group under 1 1/2" at 25 yds. Yes, I am a fan of stock barrels. I am very picky when I purchase a new Glock though. There can be a pretty big difference between guns as to how well the barrel fits.

Try different bullet and powder combinations before you give up on the stock barrel. I use Titegroup in 9mm, .40 and .45ACP. Remember we shoot at a huge target. A gun that will group 2" at 25 yds is more than accurate enough.

The load I use in my wife's G34 is 3.0 gr of TG with a 147 gr bullet OAL is 1.125" - 1.130", WSP primers. It does not seem to care whose bullet I use. It shoots Rainier, West Coast and Zero equally well. I was using a West Coast bullet when I shot the tiny group. You will like TG. It costs about half of what the VV powders do.

Please don't think I am questioning your shooting ability, but are you capable of shooting small groups off of a rest. It is harder than most folks think. The gun has to recoil the same every time. Your elbow is the pivot point.

Boo, have you tried 147 gr bullets in your G34? I will try and find a target I shot from a rest using my wife's G34 a few years ago. I posted it on Glock Talk, but the time limit got it. I put 5 shots into a group at 25 yds that could be covered by a nickel. Yes, I do have witnesses.

Hi Joe -- I have not tried 147's, simply because I can't find them locally, and keep forgetting to order a hundred, or so, from Midway. I've tried damn near everything else, though (except for changing the powder).

I believe some people have G34's that a extremely accurate. From talking to a lot of people at matches (many of whom have after-market barrels!), I believe *most* people have some that are "reasonably" accurate. In my case, I think something's really wrong -- it's not what I consider "reasonably" accurate: it's simply not grouping.

Please don't think I am questioning your shooting ability, but are you capable of shooting small groups off of a rest. It is harder than most folks think. The gun has to recoil the same every time. Your elbow is the pivot point.

That's a legitimate question, certainly, and it *is* hard. Given that some of the best pistol shooters in the world are on this board, I'm hesitant to claim much, but I can usually shoot good groups. My best pistol is a stock Kimber Custom II -- with cast bullets, she'll shoot an inch at 25y. *IF* I'm up for it. "On demand" is below 2", and usually I'll have 3 in a cluster, one outside, and one flyer, but it's certainly more accurate than I am.

I have spent evenings, doing nothing but shooting this Glock from a rest. I get patterns, as I think I said in another thread, that look like a '5' on a die -- all over the place, with no consistency, and I don't bother measuring them.

One thing I noticed tonight: the underside of the frame around the muzzle, is making hard contact -- above the crown there's a noticeable void. In other words, the end of the barrel isn't centered in the opening -- possibly that's normal?