Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 Major Load Recommendations for MPA

Tmac1

I just bought my first Open gun, and wanted to see if I could get some good input/recommendations on 9major load data? 

I have not fully decided on 115g or 124g. I shot my buddy’s LSI last weekend with Orr Tactical ammo 115g, and I was very impressed. It really works the comp and keeps the gun flat!

On the other hand, another buddy of mine shoots 124g with Accurate No7 that also shoots great out of his Venom gun. 

Any input will help. I’m really looking for a flat shooting gun. I have a strong grip and don’t mine working the comp more. Please feel free to share. Thanks in advance. 

I was using 8gr AutoComp under a 115gr Precision Delta JHP at 1.155” and 7gr AutoComp under a 124gr PD JHP at 1.165” earlier this year.  Two super basic recipes.  172 power factor from my guns, plenty of gas to work comp.  There are a bunch of recipes on the forum you can search for.

1 hour ago, davsco said:

mpa gave me a nice minor load for the ds9 and i'm sure if you call or email, they will give you one for their open version.  excellent cs.

That's a good idea. Thanks

2 hours ago, Dr Mitch said:

I was using 8gr AutoComp under a 115gr Precision Delta JHP at 1.155” and 7gr AutoComp under a 124gr PD JHP at 1.165” earlier this year.  Two super basic recipes.  172 power factor from my guns, plenty of gas to work comp.  There are a bunch of recipes on the forum you can search for.

I plan on going with the PD 115gr & the PD 124gr for testing. I heard they were great bullets. AutoComp is one powder I'm thinking about so thank you for the load data. 

29 minutes ago, Runswithwood1 said:

I've been using 7.8 of hs6 under precision delta 124 jhp, makes 172 power factor, good enough for me without beating the hell out of the gun

How clean is the HS6? I plan on being around the 172PF mark. I'm definitely not trying to beat the gun up too much. 

USPSA publishes the results of their equipment surveys for various Nationals.  In 2023 Open it was 90% 124/125gr, 8% 115, 2% "other".  I'd guess 2024 will be similar.