Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Plate are You Using with Your Optic Ready Shadow 2

anonymouscuban

So this happened again. Screws that mount the CZ OEM plate to the slide sheared off. First time happened after 10k rounds. This time it’s 4k rounds.

Stock screws first time; McMaster screws this time. Screws were probably torqued. 243 Loctite was used.

I’m ready to try another plate system so would like to hear what you guys are running.

Edited by anonymouscuban

I've used the CGW plate on mine without any issues on an S2 OR, 11# recoil spring. Probably somewhere around 20K rounds on that setup. Think only thing I did was tighten to optic screws and reapply blue loctite once because I didn't do it initially.

I don't think CGW makes the same plate anymore, but the impact machine plate looks identical. It's steel construction. I used the screws provided.

I had one from 401 Manufacturing.  The plate was okay but the screws caused me grief.  I think GeneBray is right, it’s the screws.  I have been told if I try to remove them, use a heat gun on the screws.  I’m looking for a steel plate from CZ but they are perpetually OOS and I don’t anything about some of the sellers that have them on Fleabay.  
Be nice to know if there is a better screw for them as those are some small screws for the beating they take.  

Edited by 21 shooter

On 10/3/2024 at 2:21 PM, anonymouscuban said:

So this happened again. Screws that mount the CZ OEM plate to the slide sheared off. First time happened after 10k rounds. This time it’s 4k rounds.

Stock screws first time; McMaster screws this time. Screws were probably torqued. 243 Loctite was used.

I’m ready to try another plate system so would like to hear what you guys are running.

WOW surprised to hear the McMaster screws didn't work. I always considered them to be top of the line fasteners.

“Screws were probably torqued”, or did you mean properly torqued?

Which specific screws?

I have made a habit of reaching down and checking for any wiggle on my optic whenever I’m on deck- usually you get some warning before things get to that state.  Also using a very small amount of E6000 adhesive between the plate and slide which prevents any axial movement even if anything were to loosen.  It’s the axial load that breaks screws.  The E 6000 behaves like a hard rubber gasket and yet is easily removed if you do disassemble.