Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow to Limited Optics Single Action Only

tanfoglio1911

12 minutes ago, tanfoglio1911 said:

I heard people say to remove the disco to convert the CZ Shadow 2 to SA only. Aside from doing  this, what are everyone’s upgrade to their Shadow 2 to convert it to Limited optics?

CGW hammer, sear and trigger.

47 minutes ago, Michaelsabre said:

Put on a magwell. That's it.

I don't even know why convert it to SAO. Is the there an improvement on trigger?

This is one of the things that I am interested, if there is a good reason to convert it to single action. 

No need to convert to SAO.  Just put a magwell on it and start cocked/locked.  Not much difference in the SA trigger pull and you'll have second strike just in case.  Depending on your trigger expectations you can play with springs only or two the whole CGW pro kit for best results.

Yes. I shoot a CZSPO1 Shadow cocked and locked in LO. I started in LO with a Tac Sport that's sao, not legal in CO thus shooting LO. Now that I'm using the da/sa gun I've just stayed in LO since I'm classified in it. I'm not sure how much difference they'd be if I converted it to sao.

43 minutes ago, fbzero said:

No need to convert to SAO.  Just put a magwell on it and start cocked/locked.  Not much difference in the SA trigger pull and you'll have second strike just in case.  Depending on your trigger expectations you can play with springs only or two the whole CGW pro kit for best results.

Good to hear and I am well satisfied with the SA pull of my Shadow 2. I am thinking of getting the magwell and a short grip from Lok Grips. Thank you for your input.

On 9/23/2024 at 12:57 PM, tanfoglio1911 said:

I heard people say to remove the disco to convert the CZ Shadow 2 to SA only. Aside from doing  this, what are everyone’s upgrade to their Shadow 2 to convert it to Limited optics?

There is absolutely no reason to convert a S2. You simply start safety on, hammer back IF you want to. You do not HAVE to. In 2023 at Nationals 80%+ of "LO" was just CO guys getting another match in. Most of us just slapped magwells on, some didn't even bother. 

Buy more ammo and spend more time practicing. 

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

There is absolutely no reason to convert a S2. You simply start safety on, hammer back IF you want to. You do not HAVE to. In 2023 at Nationals 80%+ of "LO" was just CO guys getting another match in. Most of us just slapped magwells on, some didn't even bother. 

Agree

4 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

My plan once Im ready to move on from CO is to put a magwell on one of my guns and shoot LO. Will most likely just start hammer down as Im so used to it. Could start cocked and locked but it seems like it would just be another thing to learn and get used to. DA first shot is fine once I got used to it. 

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, my shadow 2 had a pro kit installed and I recently put in the flat SAO trigger from CGW. When I contacted them to ask if I should/need to remove the disconnector, they highly recomended removing it.

The biggest  difference I feel is a good bit less pre travel in the SA pull with the SAO. I also like the flat trigger.

SAO small.jpg

PM Shadow 2 small.jpg

Edited by Yetiman