Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FW Arms Prime Time

I am working on optimizing my 223 loading process, and I was looking at the FW Arms dynamic hold downs and the prime time system.  I load on a 1050, and was considering getting a custom toolhead with the threaded spot over the priming station to accommodate this.

I'm curious top hear more about people's experiences, both with measuring primer depth consistency, as well as results on paper at 100-200 yards. 

Thanks!

14 hours ago, ShrinkMD said:

the prime time system

I have the Prime Time on an automated 1100 and really like it. It really smooths out the primer shuttle movement.

If you don't want to spend the $ for a threaded toolhead the Level 10 has a die for the primer station that does not require threads.

https://level-10-innovations.myshopify.com/products/priming-system-support-die-for-super-1050

I use this and it does a great job of making consistent primer seating.

Truthfully neither are probably a need for quality reloads. I just am a bit obsessive about making the best functional and consistent ammo possible.

19 hours ago, ShrinkMD said:

I am working on optimizing my 223 loading process, and I was looking at the FW Arms dynamic hold downs and the prime time system.  I load on a 1050, and was considering getting a custom toolhead with the threaded spot over the priming station to accommodate this.

I'm curious top hear more about people's experiences, both with measuring primer depth consistency, as well as results on paper at 100-200 yards. 

Thanks!

I have the FW arms dynamic hold down use it for pistol and .223 I'm happy with them. I only load bulk 55 grain .223 and get 1 MOA acuracy.

Nice, that is what I'm hoping for!   Most days I'm able to see a good difference between the Hornady bulk 55 gr HP vs the FMJ at 200 yds, and I want to keep improving on that.

I converted over my 1100s to the Prime Time and am happy.  Works as advertised and makes the press feel smoother.

I am only using the primer hold downs for revolver and rifle calibers.

I agree with HesedTech above that the Level 10 hold down for the non threaded factory Dillon head works great.  I have one on 9mm and the other on 38 special.  Everglades Ammo makes a cheaper version but have no input on it.  My guess is that it is not friendly to web thickness variations as the Level 10 is

https://www.evergladesammo.com/ega-hold-down-die.html

Posted (edited)

Anyone using the Prime Time unit

on a Dillon RL1100

that has the Dillon DA3000 attached

and

if so are you happy 

with the results?

I also utilize the Level 10 Innovation

primer hold down die

on all of my RL1100 tool heads.

Edited by Sigarmsp226