Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA DS9 Comp Open Holster

What up folks. I have an MPA DS9 Comp Open on order set for delivery any day now. I also have an Alpha X holster with a Staccato insert, does anyone know what insert will work for that gun / frame type? Kind of hoping the Staccato insert will just work but I highly doubt it. Really just need some info on holster in general for that gun.

P.S this is my first real post on here so I apologize if its in the wrong place..

"trigger guard size (STI, SV)" based off from this post. If you want before you spend money you can try it out and see if it works

Posted (edited)

Get the SV insert. The STI one is not the correct shape and the gun will fall out. 

MPA Grips Fit SV Blocks. 

STI Grips Fit both STI and SV Blocks. 

Cheely Grips Fit in both STI and SV Blocks. 

SV Grips Fit SV Blocks. 

Edited by Maximis228

You need the Phoenix Trinity block. I took delivery of my DS9 open about 3 weeks ago and it is the same block as I used on my DS9 hybrid. I switched the hybrid over to my flex and now I am using the open with a muzzle support and Phoenix Trinity block on the alpha X

1 hour ago, Guitarmageddon said:

You need the Phoenix Trinity block. I took delivery of my DS9 open about 3 weeks ago and it is the same block as I used on my DS9 hybrid. I switched the hybrid over to my flex and now I am using the open with a muzzle support and Phoenix Trinity block on the alpha X

Thanks for the input. Still haven’t received the pistol yet but I’ll probably go ahead and place the order for the block so it’s here ahead of time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the SV and it was no where close. Then I tried the STI and had to file it a little. Then I got an Everglades and won't use anything else. I have a buddy who is running the Phoenix. There's a little slop but not bad. 

On 6/5/2024 at 3:37 PM, waynes_world_45 said:

I tried the SV and it was no where close. Then I tried the STI and had to file it a little. Then I got an Everglades and won't use anything else. I have a buddy who is running the Phoenix. There's a little slop but not bad. 

Everglades MRH for the win!