Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Reloading

I'm to the point that I'm going to buy my practice ammo and only load my match ammo.  The price is a wash these days with the bullets, powder and fully processed brass I'm buying.  I don't skimp on any of that, so with the brass, N330, CCI SPP and Hornady HAP, I'm loading for about .26 a round.  I can buy Super Vel 124s for about that same price.

I've got about 7k rounds of match ammo loaded which will last me for months.  So, I'm considering the swap from my Super1050, bullet feeder to the Mark7 Apex 10 automated press.  Looks like it will be a little over 5K with the primer thingy.  

Whats a fair price to expect to get for the 1050 setup?  $2500?

8 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I'm to the point that I'm going to buy my practice ammo and only load my match ammo.  The price is a wash these days with the bullets, powder and fully processed brass I'm buying.  I don't skimp on any of that, so with the brass, N330, CCI SPP and Hornady HAP, I'm loading for about .26 a round.  I can buy Super Vel 124s for about that same price.

I've got about 7k rounds of match ammo loaded which will last me for months.  So, I'm considering the swap from my Super1050, bullet feeder to the Mark7 Apex 10 automated press.  Looks like it will be a little over 5K with the primer thingy.  

Whats a fair price to expect to get for the 1050 setup?  $2500?

Don’t know what you pay for the HAP’s but you can save about .04 cents a round by switching to PD’s JHP’s. Just sayin. 

21 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Don’t know what you pay for the HAP’s but you can save about .04 cents a round by switching to PD’s JHP’s. Just sayin. 

I get a smoking deal on them from the Hornady LE rep in my area.  

17 minutes ago, StefVanHauwe said:

I switched to the automated Apex 10, but decided to keep my Dillon S1050 as my back up ... just in case the Apex would break down ... so far not needed ... 

I got some negative feedback from a local GM about the motor on the Apex10.  He suggested I wait for the Genesis to become available.

16 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I got some negative feedback from a local GM about the motor on the Apex10.  He suggested I wait for the Genesis to become available.

So far had no issues whatsoever with the motor. Last I heard is that the Genesys is coming out at the end of 2024. I'm also interested in it, but I'm going to wait 6 months after release to buy it. I hope by then that all bugs are identified and fixed ... cfr. Apex 10 primer issues after release 😉