Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10F need some advice

apetrulis01

Have have shot Glocks most of my shooting career. As I get older i notice the grip being a little more of a problem. When I bring the gun up quickly i notice the front sight is a little higher then the rear sight. Well, I thought Zev was the answer. Bought an OZ9 elite, was winning matches with it, then in 3000 rounds the extractor broke at a three gun match and the slide stop broke this past weekend at a section match. So, Zev is not durable. 

the 1911ish grip angle is doing better for me later in life. The question now is,, How is the P10F?

The P10F is ergonomic. 

However, If you like the 1911 grip angle, you might give a S&W M&P a test drive. It's 18 deg. 

12 minutes ago, BJB said:

The P10F is ergonomic. 

However, If you like the 1911 grip angle, you might give a S&W M&P a test drive. It's 18 deg. 

Sighting options are better with the CZ. Not really good options for rear adjustable with the MP.

I am not very familiar with the ZEV OZ9 but can' t the broken parts be swapped out for factory glock parts?

I am waiting on the new CZ P10 too. As far as I know its going to come out this year. If I remember right, TFBTVs youtube channel mentions it in their interview with the CZ CEO and there is thread about it in "The Original CZ Forum". Just search for "New pistol coming in 2024" thread. There is also a video of what may be the new gun in that thread from Shot Show.

They can be swapped out but here is the thing. I have had the gun break two different things in a three week period. The extractor broke that cost me a 3 gun match. I had the slide stop break and totally seize the gun up that cost me another USPSA match. I have less than 4000 minor load rounds through the gun. I have no confidence at all. Also, when trying to get the slide off I had to use a hammer to hit the back, so there is something very wrong with this gun. I load the frame because of it being close to 1911 and I k own the CZ p10 are close too. 

was also thinking about a p80 but again, what parts do they use in the slide. To shoot SSP I need a complete gun, can’t use a p80 frame with a Glock slide or else I would have done that already. 

1 hour ago, apetrulis01 said:

They can be swapped out but here is the thing. I have had the gun break two different things in a three week period. The extractor broke that cost me a 3 gun match. I had the slide stop break and totally seize the gun up that cost me another USPSA match. I have less than 4000 minor load rounds through the gun. I have no confidence at all. Also, when trying to get the slide off I had to use a hammer to hit the back, so there is something very wrong with this gun. I load the frame because of it being close to 1911 and I k own the CZ p10 are close too. 

was also thinking about a p80 but again, what parts do they use in the slide. To shoot SSP I need a complete gun, can’t use a p80 frame with a Glock slide or else I would have done that already. 

Sorry to hear about your Zev. Was interested in this gun way back but saw some problems with it, including it going full auto, IIRC. Cant really afford the gun anyway unless I bite the bullet really hard. Still hope Zev can make it right for you. 

Edited by DenC

24 minutes ago, DenC said:

Sorry to hear about your Zev. Was interested in this gun way back but saw some problems with it, including it going full auto, IIRC. Cant really afford the gun anyway unless I bite the bullet really hard. Still hope Zev can make it right for you. 

So I called Zev. They stated they know about thr problem of the slide stops breaking at about 4000 rounds. Are you kidding me. They are sending me a new slide stop but to be honest, a gun that expensive shouldn’t have a known problem of breaking at 4000. Better yet, it is the same slide stop, so it may break in another 4000 rounds.  They stated the vendor they have is the only one that will work. So I will get that, replace it, and sell it to someone that wants a range toy. Because I can’t trust it in competition.