Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

January 2006

Duane Thomas

More movie trivia quotes. Name and film (if you want to be really cool, you can throw in the year but it's not necessary to have a "got" answer). One movie from the 1920s, two from the 1950s, three from the 1980s. four from the 21st Century (if you count the 21st Century as starting in 2000). Six actresses, eight actors. No building on someone else's answers; once a person has a "got" answer, it belongs to them. No playing, if you've already won a book. No using an Internet movie quote data base to find the answers, on your honor; breaking this rule will result in disqualification.

Here we go:

1. "Now you know what I think of you, don't you? I think you're the world's worst....actress. And I've been the world's worst husband."

"I deny that."

2. "To those of you who do not read, attend the theater, listen to unsposored radio programs, or know anything of the world in which you live, it is perhaps necessary to introduce myself."

3. "The Mouth of Truth. The legend is that if you give it a lie, and put your hand in there, it'll be bitten off."

"Ooh, what a borrid idea."

"Let's see you do it."

"Let's see you do it."

4. "I'll show you idiots how to cage a wolf."

5. "Sooner or later, everybody goes to the zoo."

6. "I'm a guy, I have pride."

"You're not a guy. No, the world is full of guys. Be a man."

7. "Are you gettin' every word of this down, honey, or am I talkin' too fast for you?"

8. "She is not meant to be beautiful. She is meant to be kind, and true, and young enough to bear children."

9. "So I'm nuts. Perfect. The one thing I'm not taking pills for."

10. "How could I betray the perfect woman?"

"Oh, you're referring to me now?"

3. Roman Holiday with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn

You are correct.

4. "I'll show you idiots how to cage a wolf."

Movie - Ladyhawke; actor - Rutger Hauer

You are correct.

John Dunn and Steelshooter3 both have one apiece. Numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 still up for grabs.

Here are the clues I drafted up for this month (including the ones that have already been guessed):

1. This 1929 movie is a "semi-talkie," one of those fascinating relics of the changeover from silent to talking films. It begins as a silent movie and about halfway through changes to a talkie. The lines belong to an actor and actress playing a married couple. The man would go on to play Commissioner Gordon in the Sixties Batman TV show.

2. This movie came out in 1950 and won multiple Oscars. The actor doing this voiceover plays a critic.

3. An actor and an actress. The actress is playing her first movie role, a princess.

4. This character is a black knight.

5. One of my favorite lines from my all-time favorite movie. In this scene, three people are sitting in and around a swimming pool/jacuzzi, two actors, one actress. The line comes from the actress.

6. An actor and an actress. The actor likes a sure thing. The actress will eventually be six feet under. But not in this movie.

7. This actress has been a very beautiful femme. But not in this movie.

8. This actor is a real desperado. But not in this movie.

9. This actor's as good as it gets. But not in this movie.

10. He's an incredible coach. She's a flexible hunter.

• 2 weeks later...

5. "Sooner or later, everybody goes to the zoo."

Mia Sara "Ferris Beuller's Day Off"

10. "How could I betray the perfect woman?"

"Oh, you're referring to me now?"

Holly Hunter and Craig T Nelson in "The Incredibles"

7. "Are you gettin' every word of this down, honey, or am I talkin' too fast for you?"

Julia Roberts in "Erin Brockovich" (on last night)

6. "I'm a guy, I have pride."

"You're not a guy. No, the world is full of guys. Be a man."

John Cusack and Lili Taylor in "Say Anything"

9. "So I'm nuts. Perfect. The one thing I'm not taking pills for."

Jack Nicholson in "Something's Gotta Give"

8. "She is not meant to be beautiful. She is meant to be kind, and true, and young enough to bear children."

Antonio Banderas in "Original Sin"

And I'm spent

Coincidence on a few, luck on a few others. I work nights so I watch alot of movies on my off time, since the family is asleep and I usually can't sleep at night, so I spend a lot of time at Blockbuster :) . Erin Brockovich was on TV the night I answered, the kids (ages 6,4, 18months) watch "The Incredibles" about 4 times a week (but would have had that from the clue alone), Ferris Beuller is an old often viewed favorite. I've dug John Cusack back to 16 Candles and Better Off Dead. Thanks for the clue on Jack Nicholson and the Antonio Banderas qoute is something a friend says to his wife alot (right before the smack).

Chris

• 2 weeks later...