Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II extractor

Hello, everyone. I am the happy owner of a tanfoglio stock 2 xtreme. Unfortunately the extractor said enough. So I'm looking for a replacement. Here in my country, getting the original tanfoglio is going to take me time, and I don't want to be left without shooting for a few weeks. I can get the eemann tech for Shadow 1/2 or the original one for cz Shadow2. Do you know if either of these two will fit my gun? thank you

I fitted a CZ extractor to my old small frame Tanfo. Main issue was to drill the pin hole larger. It was difficult due to the hard material. Otherwise not difficult at all. Needed to take some material off to avoid contact with the barrel. I assume the 9 mm extractor is the same for small and large frame Tanfos.

1 hour ago, Currywurst said:

I fitted a CZ extractor to my old small frame Tanfo. Main issue was to drill the pin hole larger. It was difficult due to the hard material. Otherwise not difficult at all. Needed to take some material off to avoid contact with the barrel. I assume the 9 mm extractor is the same for small and large frame Tanfos.

You just need to increase the extractor hole  from 2 mm to 2.5 mm with appropriate equipment and make minor adjustments. It works but I avoid doing such things only when there is no choice. I only did it once.

1 hour ago, yigal said:

with appropriate equipment

There's the key. Hardened metal requires more than high speed steel bits to cut properly. 

It may be easier to get the bits than TF parts.

3 hours ago, HesedTech said:

There's the key. Hardened metal requires more than high speed steel bits to cut properly. 

It may be easier to get the bits than TF parts.

carbide drills.

3 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Yep. But small mm bits normally have to be ordered. A proper drill press and vise is needed to make nice holes. 

it's clear.

Simple when you have a  bench lathe and also bench mill  most of these jobs are simple.

On 4/5/2024 at 3:17 AM, yigal said:

it's clear.

Simple when you have a  bench lathe and also bench mill  most of these jobs are simple.

👍

I have a small mill and drill press, so yes I could do it. However, I imagine the OP does not have access to such tools.