Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who's Up For Wheelgunning In Wisconsin In '06?

Carmoney

Just sent in my application for the Wisconsin USPSA Section Match, to be held near LaCrosse, WI on April 23. Of course I circled Revolver on the entry form. Sam and I are also planning to shoot Area 5 at the same range in August. Online registration is available for that match currently.

So who else is in?

They'll be using the self-squadding feature on the USPSA website for both of these matches, so let's put together some wheelgun squads!

Mike

I'm 99% sure I'm in for the section match with a revolver. Still kind of waiting for our MN schedule to be announced before I commit to anything else, though.

As for the Area 5 match, I think I will be attending the Rocky Mt 3-gun down in New Mexico that week. (that is, if they'll have me as an RO again. :D ) It was a tough decision, but it was just too much fun last year. Just not looking forward to the drive.

Wait just a minute. Now all of a sudden you out of state guys want to come and shoot our match :D. I had been the match director for the last three years(Thanks Ronnie for taking over) and those were some of the most revo friendly stages ever. But would anyone come, no. Now I have to put up with Carmoney at our match. :o .

Looking forward to having some first class competition from you fellas this year. Can't wait. Mike, this pretty much guarantees I will be making the trip to Iowa to pollute your match. Guess I better start practicing.

See ya at Holmen,

Tom

Mike,

I am sending my REVOLVER entry form in for April WI shoot today.

My son is still figuring if he working or off that weekend. If off he plans to also attend with his REVOLVER.

I think that I am going to request shooting on Sunday so that if I have to work on Saturday, I can drive up after work. If I get in early enough on Saturday, I plan to drive out to the range and watch/help/meet everyone. How about yourself?

I will be putting my August information in soon.

Perhaps the WI guys should rename their shoot the WI Cylinder Shoot !!! : :D

Jim

I think we will stick with "WI Sectional". :) I wanted to put one together last year but nobody wanted to hear any of that! Nobody thought they could handle it. I am glad Ronnie was bold enough help me take it on this year! Many thanks to Ronnie, Lori and the rest of the staff! ;)

Edited by Rocket35

I think that I am going to request shooting on Sunday so that if I have to work on Saturday, I can drive up after work. If I get in early enough on Saturday, I plan to drive out to the range and watch/help/meet everyone. How about yourself?

Jim, Saturday shooting is for staff only, Sunday is match day for the rest of us. Whenever possible, I like to arrive the day before in time to check out the range and sneak a peek at the stages, so I'll probably try to get up there by mid-afternoon on Saturday and wander around.

Guys, feel free to jump on Squad 16 with me if you want--that can be our unofficial revolver squad. For those who prefer not to shoot with all the other wheels, that's perfectly OK too. The important thing is to get everybody there who can possibly make it--should be a great match!

Mike

Mike,

Yeah, I knew about the Sat/Sun thing. But after I hit enter, and I tried to correct the mistake my 'puter crashed.

I do plan as I said on the Saturday arrival, just to see if I can offer some small amount of support.

Does the entry have to been in at WI before you can self squad? First time I have done this. If thats the case then I will be squadding in a couple of days.

Jim

I guess I could have actually looked on the MN website as the schedule is up. :rolleyes:

Looks like the 23rd is open so I will fill out the paperwork tonight and send it in for the sectional.

Squad 16 it is!

Say Mike,

How many rounds did you go through at last years Big Dawg Steel Match?

I'm considering adding this match to my calender this year. Although I will probably shoot an auto if I can make it. :unsure:

I guess I could have actually looked on the MN website as the schedule is up. :rolleyes:

Looks like the 23rd is open so I will fill out the paperwork tonight and send it in for the sectional. Squad 16 it is!

Say Mike,

I'm considering adding this match to my calender this year. Although I will probably shoot an auto if I can make it. :unsure:

Cool, I'm really looking forward to the WI match, should be a great time!

Keith, I shot about 400 rounds at the Big Dawg match last year, and man was it fun! The round count is a minimum of 360 per gun, many people went through 500+ rounds. This year I am signed up for two guns (Sat. and Sun.) and plan to shoot my 627 for Limited and a single-stack compensated .38 Super for the Unlimited.

For those who like shooting steel, I can't recommend this match enough. We had some top-notch wheelgunners present last year, including 10mmdave who traveled in from New England, and the great Bud Bond (pictured below), who made the trip from Colorado. We also had some highly accomplished auto shooters in attendance, including Emanuel Bragg and Dwight Stearns, the winners of the respective events.

Those who are interested need to sign up fast--the match will sell out again.

post-4033-1136820428_thumb.jpg

Looks like the 23rd is open so I will fill out the paperwork tonight and send it in for the sectional. Squad 16 it is!

Say Mike,

Cool, I'm really looking forward to the WI match, should be a great time!

Keith, I shot about 400 rounds at the Big Dawg match last year, and man was it fun! The round count is a minimum of 360 per gun, many people went through 500+ rounds. This year I am signed up for two guns (Sat. and Sun.) and plan to shoot my 627 for Limited and a single-stack compensated .38 Super for the Unlimited.

For those who like shooting steel, I can't recommend this match enough. We had some top-notch wheelgunners present last year, including 10mmdave who traveled in from New England, and the great Bud Bond (pictured below), who made the trip from Colorado. We also had some highly accomplished auto shooters in attendance, including Emanuel Bragg and Dwight Stearns, the winners of the respective events.

Those who are interested need to sign up fast--the match will sell out again.

If I can make the steel match I'll be shooting one of those plastic guns that I know you love so much. :P

What?? Why??

None of the Big Dawg stages begin with the gun buried in mud or being squashed under the tire of a dump-truck.

Hmmm. Now you're just giving me stage ideas for the club that I am still match director for. :D

Hey guys,

Waiting for Homen to receive my registration for Revo.

Made reservation at Best Western.

Have Revolver slicked up.

Don't know if Mike C. is staying at Best Western, but .....

I asked that if he does, could several small pieces of gravel be placed under his mattress as that is way he really likes his hotel beds. I told them he is kind of like a Rock & Roll celebrity who doesn't want any brown M&M's.

Jim

Don't know if Mike C. is staying at Best Western, but .....

I asked that if he does, could several small pieces of gravel be placed under his mattress as that is way he really likes his hotel beds. I told them he is kind of like a Rock & Roll celebrity who doesn't want any brown M&M's.

Ah, I don't know where I'm staying. I have people who take care of all that stuff. ;)

Fluffers, aren't those the little creatures that keep the powder from laying down in the case. You know, if they don't work your gun "Detonates!" Used to happen all the time to Bullseye shooters, using the same name powder in the same named type of match must tempt the Competitive Gods mightily! But us Fast Shooters in IPSC, being the impatient types, found out who those critters were and put them to work.

I won't be able to make this one but can you tell me where to find more information on this self squading feature. I'd like to pass it on the some freinds setting up a match.

Edited by haras