Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Florida

I just retired and moved to Florida.  I'm a long time bullseye shooter and shot some falling plate matches.  I did get involved with some bullseye people here in Florida but it looks like most of the competition in my new area is USPSA and Steel Challenge.  I'm too old and out of shape to run and shoot, so I started shooting Steel Challenge.  I joined this forum to get information on Steel Challenge.  

Just so you know, you can "walk" your way through a USPSA match, you don't have to run.  Sometimes you may have to adjust your plan for a stage so you end where you have to kneel down rather than start, just because it takes a while to get back up...

I can't seem to get the hang of Steel Challenge, but I definitely enjoy knock-down steel, and there normally isn't any movement at those matches unless you are not the shooter and are resetting steel.

:)

Oh, and congrats on retirement and the move. 

Edited by Cuz

Any Icore in your area ? Usually less movement and accuracy is much more important.. Steel is ok, and I would shoot it if it was closer, but it can get old fast

23 hours ago, MaxHeadspace said:

I just retired and moved to Florida.  I'm a long time bullseye shooter and shot some falling plate matches.  I did get involved with some bullseye people here in Florida but it looks like most of the competition in my new area is USPSA and Steel Challenge.  I'm too old and out of shape to run and shoot, so I started shooting Steel Challenge.  I joined this forum to get information on Steel Challenge.  

I second what Cuz said...had an older friend who would hobble around a stage, but he enjoyed it!

Where in Florida did you move?

40 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

I second what Cuz said...had an older friend who would hobble around a stage, but he enjoyed it!

Where in Florida did you move?

I'm in the Ruskin area shooting at Gun Craft and WAC.