Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You guessed it 92x performance issues

Abominator

Pistol has a few hundred rounds through it now. 

Initially lots of failure to feeds and failure to extracts. 

Installed a WC +50% extractor spring and that has seemed to help. 

Still getting failure to feeds. The round jams at an angle in the barrel like a tilted follower or something.

At 1st I though it was a mag issue but I've tried 7 different mags. I am believing it may be a certain OAL ammo I loaded for my CZ at 1.10 124grn RN. At least 1 FTF jam each mag.

It seemed to like longer ammo. But I need to test more. 

Most recently I noticed when I take the barrel out the locking block will fall out. The plunger and pin are still in the barrel. My 92x centurion does not do this. I'm wondering if my barrel or the locking block is out of spec.

Could this be causing the gun to be ammo finicky?

Locking block falling out is normal, a few do, most don't, but no problem.

Beretta 92s feed ammo fairly straight... length shouldn't be a problem.

Might try factory ammo until gun is "broken in", or reduced power recoil spring with your ammo.

1 hour ago, Stony Lane said:

Locking block falling out is normal, a few do, most don't, but no problem.

Beretta 92s feed ammo fairly straight... length shouldn't be a problem.

Might try factory ammo until gun is "broken in", or reduced power recoil spring with your ammo.

Agreed. Try it with a few different brands and bullet weights. Then go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to report I successfully shot may rounds without issue. Round nose 124gn both poly and copper at 1.125 & 1.135 no issues. 147gn poly RNFP at 1.145 & 1.150 shot great and 147gn copper RNFP at 1.140, Looks like it the spaghetti shooter prefers the longer rounds. I guess I'll keep the 1.10 OAL stuff for my CZ and SIGs. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your issues; I just started running a 92X Perf in CO; honestly it has fed everything fine - 1.08 OAL 147 FP Blues, 1.15 OAL 147 RN Blues, 1.15 OAL Xtreme Plated RN.  I had one fail to extract early on, and no issues extracting/ejecting since I put the Wilson spring in.  Maybe post a pic of feed issues here.
For mags, I used the OEM mags with the MBX "Ultra Max" Spring & Follower for Beretta and +4 Henning base pad.
I also dug out an old old partially rusty milspec Beretta 15 round mag - it also worked fine.

I finally figured it would I think. It was more to do with the crimp and bullet profile. Took some messing around but shot two matches recently with zero issues. 

Looking into the springs' followers and baseball. Spendy! Probably going to get atleast 2.