Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow two milled for DPP

MattyG47

I bought a shadow 2  a friend and it is milled for a delta point pro and that’s what came with it. I was thinking of getting something with same footprint for back up gun. For a few reasons such as it’s a back up optic if that breaks or I have for back up CO gun. Not too many options out there. DPP is ok but curious if anything would be a better choice for USPSA. 

The better choice would be getting it cut for SRO/507 Comp. There are a few places that offer that services. I never had an issue with the 507 comp nor SRO on my S2. The only issues would be changing out the extractor spring because you have to remove the dot to get access to extractor pin. Except for the 507 comp. With the 507 comp you have direct access to extractor pin without removing the dot.

The DPP is a good dot but I have major issues with it. I absolutely hate the button to turn the brightness up or down and it does not get bright enough whenever the sun is out and has full brightness.

5 minutes ago, MattyG47 said:

Even though its milled I can still get it remilled? 

Its not a bad dot but not a huge fan and but mainly looking at options.

I dont think so. Its usually a one and done type of deal unless you have a plate for it. Or you have the OR version of the S2

with a little work you can have the slide modified for a RMR pattern, which is the most common. they'd need to mill out the other mounting holes and fill with inserts most likely, but it can be done. 

I went through a half dozen DPP before switching to an SRO, it hasn't failed me yet, but the DPPs were a monthly failure item. 

• 1 month later...

I’d be curious to know how you like the new vortex,  hard to beat the warranty. 

I actually have 3 DPP’s and I usually have them at full brightness or one step down during the weekend matches in full sunlight and they seem perfect.  

On my trijicons I never run them at full brightness.   I try to make sure I stay target focused and not get sucked into the dot, so stepping them down a few notches seems to work well.

On 3/6/2024 at 10:53 AM, MattyG47 said:

Even though its milled I can still get it remilled? 

Its not a bad dot but not a huge fan and but mainly looking at options.

Yes.

There are GSs who will weld the slide holes up and re-machine the mount. Check with CGW or Patriot Defense.

On 3/6/2024 at 10:51 AM, MattyG47 said:

I bought a shadow 2  a friend and it is milled for a delta point pro and that’s what came with it. I was thinking of getting something with same footprint for back up gun. For a few reasons such as it’s a back up optic if that breaks or I have for back up CO gun. Not too many options out there. DPP is ok but curious if anything would be a better choice for USPSA. 

Try the new Vortex Defender-ST. It's the same footprint and much, much more robust. 

I ran mine in a Stoeger class back in Feb when they released and it was solid over a couple thousand rounds in 2 days. I'll be running it more now that I'm done with irons and Heavy division until TX3G 2025. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sig Romeo 3 Max Pro is soon to be available and has the DPP footprint. Love my Romeo 3 XL dots on my other pistols and will be giving this a try for my DPP cut Shadow 2. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...