Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC A01-SD vs CZC 75 Bullshadow

Posvar

Has anyone had the opportunity to feel and shoot both of these? I’m looking for a comparison for these exact guns as I’ve handled plenty of the other options. Just curious as to how they may feel when compared to each other as they are both crafted by CZ Custom. Both have short dust covers, great triggers, bull barrels, etc. I’ve only owned the LD versions of the A01 and they were front heavy. 

Edited by Posvar

I had the LD version of the A01 while I owned the CZ 75 Bullshadow. I still have the Bullshadow. I had it cut for an optic, I wished I kept the irons. It is a great soft shooting pistol with a trigger that can catch you off guard.

The only downside to the CZ 75 Bullshadow is the front and backstrap are smooth. I've added grip tape from Dawson Precision to aid in the grip.

Thanks! It’s great to hear from you. That is helpful info. I’m in no place to get anything now but I think a Bullshadow variant is my next nice toy purchase. Text me some pics of yours if you get a chance. Would love to see it. 

If you have any of the full size 75 guns or even a SP01 you can get a Bullshadow upper and put it on the frame. I would call CZ Custom first to make sure it doesn't need any machining to fit the frame. I picked up a used Bullshadow upper and have had it on a 75b SA and a SP01 frame and only had to lightly sand where the recoil system goes into for it to work in the SP01 frame. It now resides on my 97b frame and I love shooting it.

20 hours ago, Redhemi said:

If you have any of the full size 75 guns or even a SP01 you can get a Bullshadow upper and put it on the frame. I would call CZ Custom first to make sure it doesn't need any machining to fit the frame. I picked up a used Bullshadow upper and have had it on a 75b SA and a SP01 frame and only had to lightly sand where the recoil system goes into for it to work in the SP01 frame. It now resides on my 97b frame and I love shooting it.

Great advice. Thanks

I haven't shot a A01 but I did the same as Redhemi. I bought a Bull Shadow slide and fit it on my short dust cover CZ with some light sanding. I hit the raw metal with cold blue. I liked the Bull Shadow upper so much I sold my CTS-Accu slide to Redhemi to add to his long slide collection. I hate having extra slides around because they always turn into another full gun somehow. 😄

Can one of you that own the Bull shadow tell me it's empty weight with a magazine in it?  Also will it fit into an IDPA box?  The box dimensions are 8 ¾” x 6” x 1 5/8”

These specs are different from the USPSA specs.

2 hours ago, GlockCanMan said:

Can one of you that own the Bull shadow tell me it's empty weight with a magazine in it?  Also will it fit into an IDPA box?  The box dimensions are 8 ¾” x 6” x 1 5/8”

These specs are different from the USPSA specs.

I can help you with the weight. Here's a link where I posted the weight of the Bull Shadow. I don't shoot IDPA so can't help you there. 

Weight of the Bull Shadow 

2 hours ago, GlockCanMan said:

These specs are different from the USPSA spec

I'm not home right now but I had these saved pics already on a scale.

Iron sights, LOK S2 G10 grips, no mag @ 36.50 ounces:

eOOBfeI.jpg

Romeo3 Max, LOK solid brass full weight @ ~9 ounces, Mec-Gar 17rd tube with Taran Extension @ 49.85 total ounces.

vfkXV4E.jpg

SSI sells a tungsten guide rod for CZ. I wonder if with that installed a regular short dust cover Shadow would shoot like more like a Bull Shadow.