Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LASIK fixed my astigmatism & now better than 20/20

Yeah they said everyone’s eyes are different. My vision was horrible but they said along with correcting my near sightedness, my astigmatism would be better but they couldn’t guarantee. I was surprised how much better my eyes were after the procedure. Now only the 1 MOA dots burst alittle but 2 MOA or larger are almost perfect dots. Before LASIK they all were ☄️ or 💥 and the chevron reticles had me seeing double

I had PRK in 2017 and it fixed all of my eyesight issues.  I don't have astigmatism and my vision is 20/20.  It took a little while after the surgery to reach full 20/20.  Absolutely worth it.

I had Lasik over 20 years ago to correct my nearsightedness. One of the best decisions I've ever made. Insurance wouldn't cover it back then and it cost me $1600 cash but I've never regretted it. I don't think I had astigmatism as I was never told that I did. I do know that to this day. red dots have always been sharp for me. I'm 69 years old and like any old guy with normal vision, I have to use reading glasses. I have switched from Limited to Limited Optics because of that. I actually get a starburst effect with a red dot with my reading glasses but still sharp without them.

I had LASIK and achieved 20/10 vision but wrecked my near vision. Thinking of having the lense replacement procedure so I can focus on the front sight again. Red dots are perfect with the LASIK.

I went straight for the trifocal lens replacement at 47.  At reading distance and beyond i have perfect vision.  Night vision took an immediate hit and close up I use glasses though I was just starting to need them (i wore contacts for years).

the only issue is the dot can be a little fuzzy as the nature of the trifocals is 13 rings on the lens itself.  So the brighter the light the more starburst/halo you see (13 rings and spires).  Nighttime drives can look like Christmas displays though I’ve gotten used to it to some degree.

I have found the old sliderides to be the closest to a perfectly clean dot.  The smaller newer dots are starbursty. The new Romeo 3 dot went from ok to boom (big red blob) within 1 click.  So I’m old school with sliderides on my 2011, 929 and PCC.

Funny enough all the top older shooters up here who got these lenses  all shoot  dots and not irons.  Odd.  Apart from the fact I still need to patch my non dominant eye, I can now shoot my ISR even better than before.  

And keep in mind getting lasik changes the shape of your eye so wanting to get these lenses in the future after lasix isn’t a guaranteed result which is what my wife found out the hard way.  They just might not tell you.