Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

92XI Squalo

WildPete

I haven't shot mine yet I am heading out today to see how I like it. I was really surprised that I liked the grips on the Squalo, feels great in the hand. I love the color of the Squalo.

Henning and Taylor Freelance base pads will not work with the Toni System magwell. I put the MBX Ultra Mag spring and follower in the magazine with the Toni System base pad. I was able to load 24 rounds. I racked 2 snap caps out without any issues. No live fire yet. 

Post-range report. The mag release diggs into your support hand. I will adjust it and see if I can find a spot that suits me when shooting.

I noticed the further the target went out the more it wanted to shoot left. The front sight is narrow with lots of light on each side of the front sight.

I don't plan on putting a red dot on it but if I did, I would do an RDO cut from LTT. However, I would lose the slide color if I did that😔. I have the Beretta plate but I've heard it's held on by two threads🙄. The screws aren't long enough is the reason.

I may have jumped the gun on ordering LOK grips. They haven't come in yet but I like the stock grips for my medium-sized hands.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca767c1cb1d9fab5ad4b624c5ba9d328.jpeg

2 hours ago, WildPete said:

How's that dlahdesigns plate holding up?

That may save me from getting the slide re-finished if I did do the RDO cut. 

I never used it and went with the LTT cut (so the guns would be identical).

I'm familiar with the RDO cut from Langond. My Elite LTT has the RDO cut. 

Why did you decide against the dlahdesigns plate? And do you still have it?

Edited by WildPete

• 2 months later...

I just completed a week at Gunsite with the LTT Squalo.  The gun performed perfectly.  I was able to shoot clean the 60 point school drill 3 of 4 times. 

27 minutes ago, msp1jpp said:

I just completed a week at Gunsite with the LTT Squalo.  The gun performed perfectly.  I was able to shoot clean the 60 point school drill 3 of 4 times. 

Nice!