Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New LabRadar LX

4 hours ago, Nile said:

Looks like they built in a sighting tube which kinda tells me that it needs to be aimed like the original LabRadar. These guys owned the market and was sleeping while Garmin kicked them to the curb.

Your right. I was just paging through a Midsouth ad that had LR on sale. One big thing I noticed was all the accessories that added to the price. Battery, case, this that and the other thing. Garmin shows up, Here ya go, toss this on the table and go. No extra $$$ as far as I know of. 

OH great, and I just bought a Garmin. I like my Labradar better then the Garmin but it's kind of a pain because of the size and battery situation. I didn't see an accuracy claim on the Garmin and I was getting a 2% difference on them side by side.

3 hours ago, sharko said:

OH great, and I just bought a Garmin. I like my Labradar better then the Garmin but it's kind of a pain because of the size and battery situation. I didn't see an accuracy claim on the Garmin and I was getting a 2% difference on them side by side.

Which do you think has the better phone app and interface?  That is one of the deciding factors for me.

5 hours ago, SIGcurious said:

Which do you think has the better phone app and interface?  That is one of the deciding factors for me.

I don't use the phone app on my Labradar, I tried it when it first came out and I think its been updated but haven't tried it. Early on when I did try it it kept crashing so I stopped. But the Labradar does give more information like at different ranges.

The Garmin is kind of irritating in that it looks good but takes the data from the chrono and then if you want it on your computer the best I could figure is you can export (meaning email) to yourself one string at a time. 

When I was using them at the same time the Garmin seemed to give results at what the Labradar gave at 17yds. The Labradar calculates back to muzzle and I asked Garmin and they said it does the same. I also asked Garmin if you could use it beside a pistol instead of the illustrated over the chrono (which I was doing) and they said you can but there could be differences, hmm. 

29 minutes ago, sharko said:

I don't use the phone app on my Labradar, I tried it when it first came out and I think its been updated but haven't tried it. Early on when I did try it it kept crashing so I stopped. But the Labradar does give more information like at different ranges.

The Garmin is kind of irritating in that it looks good but takes the data from the chrono and then if you want it on your computer the best I could figure is you can export (meaning email) to yourself one string at a time. 

When I was using them at the same time the Garmin seemed to give results at what the Labradar gave at 17yds. The Labradar calculates back to muzzle and I asked Garmin and they said it does the same. I also asked Garmin if you could use it beside a pistol instead of the illustrated over the chrono (which I was doing) and they said you can but there could be differences, hmm. 

Can you export it to your computer by Bluetooth? I suppose you’d need some sort of app on your computer though. 

10 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Can you export it to your computer by Bluetooth? I suppose you’d need some sort of app on your computer though. 

Yes I guess you can. Just go to bluetooth right click on receive a file. Wish you could do them all at once though.

The phone app of for the LabRadar is horrible. It is only good to activate the unit and then it loses connection.  I think my LabRadar unit has finally crapped out me.  I have been looking at picking up the Garmin.  I just need the info for load development.  I take the numbers and manually put them in a spreadsheet.  The other major issue I have with LabRadar is support.  Don’t ask for it because you are not going to get it.

2 minutes ago, sharko said:

Yes I guess you can. Just go to bluetooth right click on receive a file. Wish you could do them all at once though.

I heard conflicting stories about those files.  Are they CSV or a Garmin proprietary file?

6 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I heard conflicting stories about those files.  Are they CSV or a Garmin proprietary file?

They are CSV and open with Excel.

Like this

image.thumb.png.e338a2c65e38f4631ac9bcb76925381b.png

Edited by sharko

50 minutes ago, SIGcurious said:

At the moment, the Garmin can only export one string at a time, correct?

Well using the phone app that's the only way I've found to export data, one at a time. But I've only used it once and I'm not sure it you don't use the phone app and hook it up with USB what you get since the phone app removes the strings from the device.

Next time out I will try that.