Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broke Off My Safety? Sti

AlamoShooter

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh...you sound like me! :D I would suggest getting the new part and using it, and keeping the TIG part as a backup or spare. Ask me how I know, and it wouldnt have anything to do with the welded part breaking the night before a big match, and cannibalizing all my 1911s to find one that would work for the next day...... :huh::lol:

Regards,

DougC

Ahh...you sound like me! :D I would suggest getting the new part and using it, and keeping the TIG part as a backup or spare. Ask me how I know, and it wouldnt have anything to do with the welded part breaking the night before a big match, and cannibalizing all my 1911s to find one that would work for the next day...... :huh::lol:

Regards,

DougC

Thanks for the advice.

Curiously how may safeties have you broken? This is my first and seems to be not the last :(

My first after 15 years, Shred says he has broken several.

The Welding makes metal harder,= less flexibl. = more Brittal like glass brittal. could work for years or seconds. my safety felt diferent when I put it 'ON' to go back in to the holster on steel challenge runs. If I did not feal it I would have put a loaded gun in my holster with a non working safety. :( = No thanks B)

• 1 month later...

Another Swenson bites the dust. My ambi-side Swenson broke off last Sunday at a match. I was shooting free-style and I am right handed. The damn thing just fell off. :angry:

Oh well, I knew it was gonna happen sooner later. Ed Brown and a Brazos Krebs thumb shield on order.