Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Choice for carry optics

iukamedic

After a little more reading last night I see the part about a production list with carry optics vs limited optics.  Either way I’m just wanting to pick something to shoot and spend more time with.  Heck I’ve seen people do amazing things with a certain pistol I struggle to just make consistent hits with.   Again thanks for all the advice.  Looks like a shadow would be about 16-1700 for pistol and optic, sig max around 16 and others up and down from there.  I completely like the fact that cz is very accurate where the sig is hit or miss.   Decisions -descisions.   Thanks again everyone. 

Edited by iukamedic
Changed a value

12 hours ago, iukamedic said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I was thinking the difference between carry optics and limited optics was the addition of a magwell and single action use.  Im sure I’m missing something.  But anyway I appreciate the conversation and opinions. 

If you go off Reddit then LO will be "I'm shooting x until my Atlas gets here", lol 

If that bothers you then CO may be better. 

I just enjoy going and competing against myself, so it doesn't bother me. 

I like production and CO...it's the divisions that fall within the $$ I want to throw at it. 

LO should be a lot of fun with SAO offerings. 

Most of the differences are highlighted below:  

Limited Optics doesn't have a maximum weight limit. 

....has a maximum distance of handgun and mags of 3 3/8"

...has no holster restriction

... doesn't have a handgun approval list. 

...can have a non-operable installed flashlight

...can have a magwell

...I'm assuming can do whatever you want to the grip, unlike CO.  

Edited by kerneldrop

I’m just wanting to pick a platform to improve on and the gun not be a limiting factor.  Like with service rifles I shoot against myself mostly.  It’s fun to shoot competitions for the sport of it and the completion but when it boils down to it I’m shooting against myself more than anything.  When I was referencing the lo vs co my meaning is that if I can shoot a pistol in carry optics then it can be used in limited optics also.   

1 hour ago, zombywoof said:

I would not rule out a Stock 2. Not as nose heavy as a Shadow2.

I don’t know much about these.  I watched a couple of you tube videos on these a little while back.  I handled on of those 226 x-fives in my local store and really liked the feel of it.  Draw back is single action only and greater than 2000 for just the pistol.  Is the stock 2 supported well?

In addition to the two you mentioned:

Beretta has a $300 rebate... the Beretta 92x Performance Carry Optics is an option. 

Lesser expensive option is a Canik Rival SFx

I'm older too, so I get wanting something that is easier to shoot better, and become better more quickly. 

That is my want as well. 

I'm regionally local to CGW...so a CGW Shadow 2 dominates my area. 

On 12/26/2023 at 11:05 AM, iukamedic said:

I don’t know much about these.  I watched a couple of you tube videos on these a little while back.  I handled on of those 226 x-fives in my local store and really liked the feel of it.  Draw back is single action only and greater than 2000 for just the pistol.  Is the stock 2 supported well?

The Stock 2 is supported extremely well. It's the best DA/SA gun out there