Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1993 tanfoglio / EAA witness 9mm grips

Good_apollo

Hi guys.  
new to the group.  I’ve had this stainless EAA witness for a few years now, love the gun but man, trying to find what the correct parts are for it has been more difficult than any other I’ve ever owned. 

im looking for a set of grips that will work for this, and have not ever found a definitive answer.   It’s the stainless tanfoglio / EAA witness 9mm. Serial number says either the import or manufacture date is 1993 if that helps. 

does anyone know what grips work for this era of witness?  
do the tanfoglio t95 grips work?

I bought a set of grips that were for cz75/85 sp-01 and they line up, but the insides are too thick and the magazine not release so they are not gonna work.  

any help is appreciated, thanks!

19 hours ago, Good_apollo said:

Hi guys.  
new to the group.  I’ve had this stainless EAA witness for a few years now, love the gun but man, trying to find what the correct parts are for it has been more difficult than any other I’ve ever owned. 

im looking for a set of grips that will work for this, and have not ever found a definitive answer.   It’s the stainless tanfoglio / EAA witness 9mm. Serial number says either the import or manufacture date is 1993 if that helps. 

does anyone know what grips work for this era of witness?  
do the tanfoglio t95 grips work?

I bought a set of grips that were for cz75/85 sp-01 and they line up, but the insides are too thick and the magazine not release so they are not gonna work.  

any help is appreciated, thanks!

What kind of magazines are used for this witness? It's PROBABLY a small frame if you can use CZ type magazines, and if so, patriot defense makes grips for them. I also have a metric ton of small frame tanfo grips that I'm not using so if that's the case, feel free to hit me up and I can send you a variety of grips to test out.

On 12/13/2023 at 8:54 PM, Good_apollo said:

Thanks.  I just went there and it looks like it has changed to vzgrips.com

and I don’t see anything for tanfoglio unfortunately. 

If you call him up, he makes them to order - choose your wood and you get in the queue; I got mine in a few weeks.  I guarantee that he knows how to make grips for Tanfoglios.

On 12/14/2023 at 4:04 PM, haiedras said:

What kind of magazines are used for this witness? It's PROBABLY a small frame if you can use CZ type magazines, and if so, patriot defense makes grips for them. I also have a metric ton of small frame tanfo grips that I'm not using so if that's the case, feel free to hit me up and I can send you a variety of grips to test out.

Thanks,

I messaged you.  I have not been able to find a link to an image of my exact model of witness.  There are a bunch that are close but not exact and I’m sure that matters.   

if there is a way to upload a photo from my phone that I’m missing, if someone could let me know, that would be great.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is an image from LOK grips that shows the different frame sizes for Tanfoglio pistols.  Since yours is a 9mm, it's probably a small frame, long length.  Verify with the image below.

tanfo-info-frames-lengths.jpg

Edited by blfuller

• 1 month later...