Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coating magazines?

barrysuperhawk

Long story short, I find myself going back to a gun that uses Para hi-cap magazines in .45ACP, so I am tuning up the magazines.  I have a few "pristine" PARA magazines, some that are "known good" but not pretty (well used) then a bunch of "lord knows what" that I picked up at a gunshow or the random mag bin at the LGS.  Don't judge me, I have a long history of buying whatever I can get my hands on and just tossing it in the pile, so I have what I have.  

So, I am doing new springs for most of them, looking for replacement basepads at least for the ones that are still plastic -(so if anyone knows where I can get more FLUSH brass basepads, I apparecaite the tips) and probably followers for some also.

But my REAL question and the reason for this post is almost all of them need some help with the tube itself.  I WISH they were made out of nice thick, slick polished stainless like some other brands (not to be mentioned) but these are not.  There is some rust, scratched bluing, some have witness holes, some do not, and I even have a few that have a kind of rough textured bluing on them almost like Parkerizing.  I think in a perfect world I would like to send these out somewhere and have some type of coating applied, either hard chrome or some type of nitride.  However, its been a while since I sent anything out, and two companies I have used in the past are both either out of business or unresponsive, so I am looking for recommendations to recondition my poor choices into better ones - both for what coating to apply, and where to have it done.   These are some, but not nearly all:

paramags.JPG

Edited by barrysuperhawk
accuracy