Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

savage b22 for NRL22?

borneoknives

On 12/6/2023 at 5:16 AM, borneoknives said:

anyone have experience with a savage b22 in NRL22? it seems purpose built but i've heard there's an issue with bullet scrape. Anyone?

I'd suggest you look at a CZ 455 or 457...I have not owned a 457 but have owned 2 455s and both shot great with wolf ammo...The CZ AT-ONE is pretty nice and in the same price range as the B22 I think plus more after market support for the CZ's...Buds gun shop and gun broker both have the 455 and 457s....this is a pretty good deal here..... https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1018632315

If you have the money just order a Vudoo set up how you want and be done or a barreled action and put it in what ever chassis or stock you prefer.

Don't do it!  I have spent a lot of effort getting one to work. The main problem is the rotary magazine isn't designed to cam the rim of the case up under the extractors.  The Savage Mark II magazine works in that design because it is designed properly.  My solution was to gut the rotary mag and fix a Mark II magazine within it in the proper position.  I'll attach a pic.  Also the extractors need help by drilling holes in the bolt body and putting springs under the extractors to get a better grip on the bullet case.  The trigger can be improved, but theres

a lower limit at about a pound where the trigger won't reset properly.

If you have to have a Savage, get a Mark II.

CIMG1244.JPG

Edited by pyrrhic3gun

3 hours ago, pyrrhic3gun said:

Don't do it!  I have spent a lot of effort getting one to work. The main problem is the rotary magazine isn't designed to cam the rim of the case up under the extractors.  The Savage Mark II magazine works in that design because it is designed properly.  My solution was to gut the rotary mag and fix a Mark II magazine within it in the proper position.  I'll attach a pic.  Also the extractors need help by drilling holes in the bolt body and putting springs under the extractors to get a better grip on the bullet case.  The trigger can be improved, but theres

a lower limit at about a pound where the trigger won't reset properly.

If you have to have a Savage, get a Mark II.

CIMG1244.JPG

this is the information i needed! 
I'll avoid. thanks!

• 1 month later...