Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

At a loss…Gen 3 G34

Fede_SF

At a loss troubleshooting gen 3 G34.
She’s been running no problem, for about 2 years, 20k+ rounds, LOTS of dryfire.

Couldn’t get through a stage last Saturday without multiple malfunctions. Mostly, failure to feed. (Gun goes off, round ejects, double feed on next round, sometimes a weird “horizontal” stove pipe)

Stock (brand new) recoil spring, stock everything, overwatch precision trigger shoe, relatively new oem mags, factory Fiocchi 115.
Just wouldn’t run.

Swapped to 13lbs glockstore heavy tungsten rod and taran’s striker spring.
Sent 40 rounds into the dirt in between stages, seemed to run fine. Next stage, same malfunctions, went home.

Today, tried to isolate. I was leaning towards mags. All mags run 100% in a 17 and a 19. Same ammo.

Same exact issues today in the 34. Started bone stock, same type of malfs.
Went to 13lbs spring and reduced striker spring, same. About 60 rounds. (Ammo and mags run fine in my other 2 Glocks).
But then, the really weird thing. I swapped frames between 17&34, ran fine. Swapped back (final config: original frame&slide, 13lbs spring, taran striker spring) and for the next 150+ rounds, no issues. Which leaves me at a loss…I don’t think it’s the mags but I don’t understand what the problem is, really.

Anyone care to chime in and point me in the right direction?
Appreciate yall.

I would guess something is broken or awry you have not noticed.  I have broken 1 extractor, just a chip, on a heavy use gen 2 G17 I bought used and wore one out on a gen 3 G34 with maybe 30k down the barrel.  On the 34 the gun would intermittently choke.  In both cases when I changed the extractor it ran 100%.  But I would look at both guns very carefully and look for something broken or awry when you detail strip.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I had some recent issues with my CO 34. I started by replacing all springs, check extractor, checked mags, and used factory ammo.

ive got it back to 100% now so any changes can be made one by one to make sure no issues pop up. 

I also doubt it’s mags, but I would swap in new internals and a check your mag release to rule that out 

• 2 weeks later...