Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kynshot RB5020SS recoil buffer, buffer tube length question

Good morning, I'm looking for a little help with a buffer question.  I'm wondering if the Kynshot RB5020SS recoil buffer will run in a carbine length buffer tube? I have read where people say it needs an A5 buffer tube. On the buffer package it indicates it "may require  a modified bolt in order to properly reset the trigger"  if run in a standard carbine buffer.

So it "may" work in a carbine buffer?

Either way what are the pros and cons of the carbine buffer tube vs. the A5 buffer tube?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

• 1 month later...

I have run the 5020 in a carbine tube, but had to modify the reset rib on bottom of the bolt to set the trigger with such a shortened stroke… in the end, I felt like I was getting too much ‘thump’ from buffer bottoming out so soon in carbine tube, and upsetting my dot too much, so switched to A5

• 1 month later...

Keith, you can get the 5020 to work in carbine tube, but you will have to weld the bottom rib of bolt up, so there’s no ramp anymore… and you will have to check the clearance between hammer face and bottom of bolt afterwards, may be too tight, and you’ll have to take a few thousandths off bottom rail (welded surface).., you will need to radius the new edge that drives hammer down.

it is the fastest reset you can get out of a pcc… but it does hit a bit firm, and you will see it in dot movement