Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

atlas magwell on MPA DS9

Guitarmageddon

Hey folks, recently got a MPA DS9 hybrid and loving it. It has an aluminum well and works great, but I have the aluminum grip and I'm looking at adding some weight with a brass well. A bit of a 19/2011 noob. The atlas one is listed as being for cheely, will that work for MPA? Particularly this one:

https://atlasgunworks.com/product-details?id=2501564#product_detail

Also considering the limcat brass one but don't see it anywhere.

On 11/5/2023 at 11:48 AM, Guitarmageddon said:

Hey folks, recently got a MPA DS9 hybrid and loving it. It has an aluminum well and works great, but I have the aluminum grip and I'm looking at adding some weight with a brass well. A bit of a 19/2011 noob. The atlas one is listed as being for cheely, will that work for MPA? Particularly this one:

https://atlasgunworks.com/product-details?id=2501564#product_detail

Also considering the limcat brass one but don't see it anywhere.

You may want to consider selling your aluminum grip and purchasing the MPA SS grip and competition magwell combo.  My understanding is the MPA uses a proprietary grip similar to the Lone Star Innovations grip......

💡😉

22 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

You may want to consider selling your aluminum grip and purchasing the MPA SS grip and competition magwell combo.  My understanding is the MPA uses a proprietary grip similar to the Lone Star Innovations grip......

💡😉

Thanks for the info. Was afraid of that. Didnt want the downtime to send it off for fitting, with the way all these 2011 builders are these days.