Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shooting glasses for wide Asian head AND bad eyes?

hxdai

Been trying to find a good pair and just couldn't. I wanted to stay with simple style like Oakley Half Jackets, but they are both too narrow for my head and doesn't have enough range for my prescription (combined ~6.00, I think they only go to ~4.00 last I checked). 

I've tried: Regular raybans, Oakley half jackets, Rudy project Rydons, all of them are too narrow.

What I'm looking for: 1) Wide. For reference, ones I mentioned above all started to hurt my head after ~1 hour. Bonus points if they can fit under walkers' earpro without feeling like a vise against my head.

2) can accommodate combined prescription of ~6.00. I'd rather not wear contacts every time I shoot.

3) covers top-of-eye area if possible. Had a freshly-ejected case got in there, pretty uncomfortable and scary if you ask me. 

4) Interchangeable lenses with enough options to cover most conditions.

Any suggestion is welcome, double bonus points if you can suggest try-on places in eastern MA. Thanks.

My prescription's not that bad, but I have a wide Asian face (7 7/8 to 8 cap size).  Hunters HD Gold aviators fit my face well, have full coverage with side shields, and have transition lenses.  I shoot Open so I double up and they're fine under my muffs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 1:23 PM, attakmint said:

My prescription's not that bad, but I have a wide Asian face (7 7/8 to 8 cap size).  Hunters HD Gold aviators fit my face well, have full coverage with side shields, and have transition lenses.  I shoot Open so I double up and they're fine under my muffs.

I have the balkan big head myself, and Hunters makes a comfortable pair that can also be Rx based. If you have an HSA, be sure to use it for the purchase!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anybody know what happened to Pilla? 

I ordered something emailed them etc and nothing. Its already been paid so Im wondering if I should call my bank

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 6.54.49 AM.png