Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

case feeder for a 650

So I saw an add for a dillon 650 with a case feeder and what I don't know is the case feeder caliber specific. I know you install different plates for the different caliber but if I want to reload say 9mm and 45 ACOP do I have to buy another entire case feeder for 355 bucks or do they make some kind of conversion to just use the same case feeder

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sharko said:

For 45 and 9 you would need the Small and Large pistol plates. Or the Double Alpha plate works for both.

With the Dillon plates and the 9 sometimes the little funnel they sell to go in the top of the chute helps to prevent log jambs at the top.

Installed the AA plate and wedge on my older Dillon case feeder this year. Very happy with both. Faster when I need speed for feeding my roll sizer and on 9mm seems to have almost completely eliminated the occasional upside down case. 

There is a thread here somewhere that suggests eliminating some of the volume inside the funnel to prevent log jams, the tweak got good reviews but I haven't run like that long enough to comment. 

9 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Installed the AA plate and wedge on my older Dillon case feeder this year. Very happy with both. Faster when I need speed for feeding my roll sizer and on 9mm seems to have almost completely eliminated the occasional upside down case. 

There is a thread here somewhere that suggests eliminating some of the volume inside the funnel to prevent log jams, the tweak got good reviews but I haven't run like that long enough to comment. 

Yah I needed the funnel on most of my casefeeds to keep from log jamming with the standard plate and 9mm. When I got my Rollsizer a few years ago it was a nightmare to keep it from jamming. I tried all kinds of mods that ended up not working. Then I switched to the DA plate and it runs at 3/4 speed and keeps up with the Rollsizer at full speed without the funnel and I can actually walk away and only come back when I have to refill.