Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GMR-15 and Hiperfire Eclipse

I'm trying to install a Hiperfire E in my GMR15.  Geez, JP uses a ton of Loctite!  Anyway, I finally got the JP trigger removed and the Hiperfire installed, but now I can't get the JP safety drum to go in the receiver.  Do I need to take the Hiperfire out and reinstall it with the safety already in the receiver, or does it require a different safety altogether?  This has been a frustrating project.  Thanks for any help or insights.  Doug

I believe you need to install the safety after you set the trigger in place but, before the pins are installed. I tried a Timney Calvin in mine and it wouldn't reset the trigger. I went back to the JP. Let us know how it works.

14 hours ago, MCW said:

I believe you need to install the safety after you set the trigger in place but, before the pins are installed. I tried a Timney Calvin in mine and it wouldn't reset the trigger. I went back to the JP. Let us know how it works.

This is the way.

Trigger in but tipped at an angle then slide safety drum in. Trigger pins go in after this step.

Yes jp loves loctite and my new best friend is a really cool torch I just got. Just used it to get the handguard and barrel but off. Pin point accuracy with the flame is much needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09RNGD9RM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

• 2 weeks later...