Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M7 on Dillon 1100 Qs

Installed the thang.  Looks good and runs.  However, ran a single case and the top of the tool head does not come down enough to touch the case.  Any ideas?  Also, the tablet came with an SD card, but I don't see where this is inserted in the tablet.  Any ideas? I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions as I go along...thanks guys

2 hours ago, Chapo said:

Installed the thang.  Looks good and runs.  However, ran a single case and the top of the tool head does not come down enough to touch the case.  Any ideas?  Also, the tablet came with an SD card, but I don't see where this is inserted in the tablet.  Any ideas? I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions as I go along...thanks guys

Don't have an Autodrive on my Apex 10 at the moment; but do plan on adding it in the near future..........

Looking at the User Manual for the Dillon S1050 (1100) Autodrive, it details the SD Card location on page 63 under "Software and Firmware Update Instructions".

Also, as with all M7 Autodrives, during initial setup the autodrive must be calibrated with the shell plate EMPTY.  Also, we have to make sure NONE of the dies are contacting the shell plate when the tool head is completely lowered.  Also reference Page 58 in the User Manual.

HTHs!  And good luck with your Autodrive!  I'm sure you'll truly enjoy it once it's fully operational!

👍

3 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Thanks Hogrider.  However, my tablet is different than the one shown in the manual.  I must be blind, but I don't seem to find the slot for the card.

Understand.  If so, then a call to M7's Customer Service may be in order.  Their support is EXCELLENT!

Here's a vid that discusses the importance of Calibration.  Should be applicable to any press:

Also there's an older video dedicated just to the Dillon S1050 that may also help:

👍

1 hour ago, Chapo said:

As for the indexing not coming all the way down to engage cases, I think I might have installed the index bar and sprocket in the wrong holes.  Anyone?

The Mark 7 was deigned to work with the 1050 and the 1100.  You should have gotten a manual with the Mark 7, if not you can go to their website to obtain a manual. The manual will be instrumental in understanding how to setup the Mark 7.

The difference in installation as I understand it is there is mounting holes on the base for the 1050 and the 1100 and there are two different slots on the pulley as well.  One slot for the 1050 and one for the 1100.  You MUST have the 1100 mounted on the correct holes on the base of the Mark 7 and the correct slot in the pulley must be used.  Otherwise you will have indexing issues.  

On a side note, if you did receive this second hand and the unit came with multiple pulleys it could be the unit you purchased was the original version where someone upgraded the motor/interface board/pulley to update the unit to load at max capacity.  This would have increased the output up to something crazy like 3200 rounds an hour.  If you bought it used and you have 2 pulleys contact Mark 7 to help you identify the correct pulley.  

The learning curve with automation is steep.  Mark 7 support is your friend.  There is also a Facebook page that is pretty helpful.

Good luck.