Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weapon light

dmshozer1

I run a TLR-1 on an M&P full size (4 1/4"), and while there isn't a major difference in weight, the low and forward location does make a noticeable difference in muzzle rise. Others who watched while I shot said it shot flat like a comp'd gun.

IIRC, I paid about $125 for the light, but I had to get a light bearing holster for another hundred or so.

Would I do it again?  Yes I would.

17 minutes ago, tomcal said:

I run a TLR-1 on an M&P full size (4 1/4"), and while there isn't a major difference in weight, the low and forward location does make a noticeable difference in muzzle rise. Others who watched while I shot said it shot flat like a comp'd gun.

IIRC, I paid about $125 for the light, but I had to get a light bearing holster for another hundred or so.

Would I do it again?  Yes I would.

What kind of holster did you get?

Lok makes a brass light. If you want to be more stealthy get a TLR-1 and replace the batteries with tungsten ones from W74. I find I can shoot a gun that's overly front heavy fine, but if you don't have a good grip it's flop around more than it does with out the weight. Basically be careful not to let all that mass start bouncing around on you. 

I usually run a little TLR7A on my gun for IDPA low light stages and just keep it on there for uspsa too.