Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

** Shooting drill anyone ? ***

Mastergun

#46   Lateral Movement Practice Course       Spartan Tactical Training Group

30 rounds total

IDPA or IPSC target scored 5-4-2 or TQ-21AWIS target scored 10-9-8-7

Stage One: 5 or 7 yards

On the signal, the shooter will take one step off the line of force to the left while drawing the handgun from the holster and fire 2 rounds to the body and 1 round to the head in 5 seconds. (2x)

Stage Two: 5 or 7 yards

On the signal, the shooter will take one step off the line of force to the right while drawing the handgun from the holster and fire 2 rounds to the body and 1 round to the head in 5 seconds. (2x)

Stage Three: 10 yards

On the signal, the shooter will take one step off the line of force to the left while drawing the handgun from the holster and fire 2 rounds to the body and 1 round to the head in 6 seconds. 

Stage Four: 10 yards

On the signal, the shooter will take one step off the line of force to the right while drawing the handgun from the holster and fire 2 rounds to the body and 1 round to the head in 6 seconds.

Stage Five: 15 yards

The shooter begins to the RIGHT of the high barricade. On the signal, the shooter will move left and take cover behind the barricade while drawing the handgun from the holster and fire 6 rounds to the body in 12 seconds around the LEFT side of the barricade.

Stage Six: 15 yards

The shooter begins to the LEFT of the high barricade. On the signal, the shooter will move right and take cover behind the barricade while drawing the handgun from the holster and fire 6 rounds to the body in 12 seconds around the RIGHT side of the barricade.

Bill drill with a small amount movement at 15 yards, in 12 seconds? You say "Change the times" but I'm wondering if you have ever trained given your initial "Drill" times 

Pass/Fail type drills lead to poor fundamentals from chasing par times. You end up worrying about outcome over process. (Im not sure who is failing this drill to be fair) 

Edited by Maximis228

This is from John Kruppa with Spartan Tactical Training Group. I shoot out of the range John hosts classes from (Alpha Range in McHenry IL). John knows how to be a cop and is great at tactics. John knows little about high level shooting IMO. John actually speaks very negatively about competitive shooting and actively tells people to stay away from it. 

My "change the times" comment was for waktasz because he said the following "Sorry, but I find this to be useless for our sport. My grandma could hit these par times". 

Wow this is an interesting group.  I am just a new member and I thought I would share a few shooting drills I had in case someone would like to try them.  So far, I am one post into this group and the only things anyone has said to be is how wrong I am with my one post.  

You happen to have 2 USPSA GMs comment on a post about training that has issues throughout it. 🤷‍♂️

This drill is from someone who tells people to stay away from USPSA/IPSC/IDPA. You are on a competitive shooting forum. Expect us to be critical of people who don't like us. lol 

Edited by Maximis228

3 minutes ago, Mastergunworks said:

My "change the times" comment was for waktasz because he said the following "Sorry, but I find this to be useless for our sport. My grandma could hit these par times". 

Wow this is an interesting group.  I am just a new member and I thought I would share a few shooting drills I had in case someone would like to try them.  So far, I am one post into this group and the only things anyone has said to be is how wrong I am with my one post.  

Sorry man but facts is facts.

I recommend downloading a few stages here https://uspsa.org/classifiers

and plugging your scores into the calculator here https://uspsa.org/classification/ 

Far from It...What im saying is John Krupa makes up drills with no concern for performance. This is obvious from the drill you copied from their group and posted here. John also hates competitive shooting. You are in a competitive shooting forum.

Members come here to learn and get better. This drill will not help new or seasoned shooters get better.