Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPA DS9 - Ready for Limited Optics!

Mandalorian

Received my DS9 last week.  A 14-week wait but well worth it. The trigger is amazing — crisp, clean and a 1/16” pull.  I requested a sub 2# trigger and my Lyman is consistently showing 1# 10oz.  The fitment is also terrific with absolutely no play between the slide and frame.  With the steel grip it weighs in at 3# 3oz.  I’ve put a few hundred rounds through it so far and have had no issues.  Very accurate as well.  I should also mention that their customer service has been exceptional. 

IMG_1460.jpeg

That is beautiful!

My Apex'd 509 is not holding me back but after squading a few times with Dave and meeting others on the team I am starting to save for one next year. May get the IDPA DS9 version since I sometimes dabble in that. Great customer service matters.

3 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

Received my DS9 last week.  A 14-week wait but well worth it. The trigger is amazing — crisp, clean and a 1/16” pull.  I requested a sub 2# trigger and my Lyman is consistently showing 1# 10oz.  The fitment is also terrific with absolutely no play between the slide and frame.  With the steel grip it weighs in at 3# 3oz.  I’ve put a few hundred rounds through it so far and have had no issues.  Very accurate as well.  I should also mention that their customer service has been exceptional. 

IMG_1460.jpeg

As crazy busy as the shop is, they will always take the time for customer service. You made a great choice. 

13 hours ago, truespode said:

That is beautiful!

My Apex'd 509 is not holding me back but after squading a few times with Dave and meeting others on the team I am starting to save for one next year. May get the IDPA DS9 version since I sometimes dabble in that. Great customer service matters.

How cool that you’ve been squaded with David and others from the team.  I’ve only watched them in videos.  

i shoot mostly USPSA, but on occasion I shoot a local outlaw IDPA match where they don’t check dimensions and weight.  For those matches I included in my order a standard slide lock and a couple MBX mags with lock back.  

11 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

How cool that you’ve been squaded with David and others from the team.  I’ve only watched them in videos.  

One of their lefty shooters I get to shoot with quite often. Great guy.

The first time I met David I wasn't squaded with him but asked him about an extractor issue I had on a Ruger Mark II. He told me what to buy then later while passing going to different stages he comes up to me with his phone and shows me the link to get it. This was literally at least 2 hours later.

Shot with him twice at our local this year when he has traveled up (we are about 2 1/2 hours away from him) and he is genuinely a nice guy. I have heard him say "nice run," "great job," and other compliments more than anyone I have ever shot with and these are all with people who have just met him.

And he shoots extremely well too :)

2 hours ago, truespode said:

One of their lefty shooters I get to shoot with quite often. Great guy.

The first time I met David I wasn't squaded with him but asked him about an extractor issue I had on a Ruger Mark II. He told me what to buy then later while passing going to different stages he comes up to me with his phone and shows me the link to get it. This was literally at least 2 hours later.

Shot with him twice at our local this year when he has traveled up (we are about 2 1/2 hours away from him) and he is genuinely a nice guy. I have heard him say "nice run," "great job," and other compliments more than anyone I have ever shot with and these are all with people who have just met him.

And he shoots extremely well too :)

Agreed.  I’ve seen the video where he sets the record for the Triple Bill Drill. 

• 4 weeks later...

Providing an update on my lead time in case anyone else has MPAs in the queue.

When I submitted my order on April 12, the advertised lead time was 12-14 weeks.

At the 10 week mark, I e-mailed Phil, the president, asking for an update of any kind just to check in. At this point, Phil replied that the lead time was currently 12-16 weeks.

Last week, at the 14.5 week mark, I e-mailed Caleb, one of the builders, and he replied with, "Looks like your firearm was due for final assembly at the end of July. However, we are a little behind on our builds so more than likely it will be the middle or end of August" -- image.thumb.png.cb55bcce4b492b092c54991a22207e2f.pngThis would put me conservatively about 17-19 weeks.

Their website currently advertises the following lead times under the product listing:

image.png.f0b114d0deec62f044ae6fc1c662ecd3.png

Today, I'm at about 15.5 weeks. I hope I don't experience any more delays 🙂

• 1 month later...